GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed an odd "feature" or bug on the charge override screen of my 2012 volt. I'm sure everyone knows that after shutting down the volt and pressing the button to open the charge door a screen appears that allows a temporary one-time override of the planned charge mode. In my case the override is normally for an immediate charge. The screen has 2 button bars at the bottom one with "OK" and another with "Temporary Charge Override ...." on it. When pressing the override button you must press the right end of the button or unexpected things happen. In my case the previous screen was the radio control screen. So when I press the override button in locations other than the right end of the button, say in the middle, it changes the radio station rather than taking me to the screen where I can choose my one-time charge override option? I recently had a 2013 Volt at my disposal and found the feature still exists in that model as well.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Well I'm not everyone as I have never set a delayed charge thus I have never seen this option at shutdown.

Don't software companies call these "undisclosed features"? :)

3,603 Posts
Afternoon Deyoungkr,

I apologize that the screen press at times takes you to another screen/options. If you are able to duplicate this I would inform your Advisor and they can schedule an appointment on your behalf to diagnose what you are seeing. If you need assistance in contacting your Volt Advisor please PM me your best form of contact and last 8 of your VIN.

Also int he meantime if you wanted to override delayed charging you can plug the Volt in and then unplug and plug back in within 5 seconds. This will temporarily allow immediate charging.

-Ian Chevrolet Volt Customer Service

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem seemed to have gone away after a firmware update at the dealership for a completely unrelated issue but in the past month or so has reappeared. The statement I made in my first post in this issue seems to be incorrect. I initially reported that if you pressed in the right end of the Temporary Override button it worked, doesn't seem to be the case. Recently have I had occurrences where I had to press 4 or 5 times to get the override activated and in the mean time it changed the radio station each time regardless of where on the override button I pressed. The display seems to be confused about which screen is currently active and is acting as if the radio screen is the active screen rather than the Temporary Charge Override screen. Eventually it seems to figure it out though and perform the override.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I had a similar experience with the Overide screen, but it only happened once. I could not get the Overide button to take a button press at all. I finally did the plug in, unplug, replug technique to get it to charge immediately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts