Best month ever for the Bolt
Best October for the Volt.

Total all-time sales:
Volt: 12,325
Bolt: 1666

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
That's great. But either Canada didn't get the message that Bolt EVs are more sidereal than Volts, or those cold winters gave some a different perspective on range. (jk)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I tried to get a bolt but there are none to be found in Ontario so I got a volt and I'm really glad I didn't wait. Love the volt. It's too bad though because I had the dog sled team all ready to pull the bolt around. My igloo had to be upgraded to 240v though.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Best month ever for the Bolt
Best October for the Volt.

Total all-time sales:
Volt: 12,325
Bolt: 1666
Nice. It looks like GM is finally shipping more Bolt EV's to Canada!

Volt is still mostly hand to mouth for sales. And the early Christmas shutdown of DHAM isn't going to help there. I'm going to bet that for the next couple of months the Bolt EV will outsell the Volt simply because there will be no Volt inventory/production.

Out of curiosity where did you find the sales data? I've been looking at my usual sources and couldn't find it.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
How strange we have an entire country clamoring for Volts/Bolts and GM seems to be taking their time getting vehicles shipped to them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Up here, we just cannot understand GM's attitude. Lots of discounted Bolts and Volts rotting on several states dealer lots, while in Canada people are waiting up to 6 months and pay full MSRP.
California seems to have the most. Hundreds if not thousands of Volts/Bolts on dealer lots. It is by far the largest EV market, though. GM likely wants to keep that market fully juiced so as to not miss out on any sales at all.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Up here, we just cannot understand GM's attitude. Lots of discounted Bolts and Volts rotting on several states dealer lots, while in Canada people are waiting up to 6 months and pay full MSRP.
GM over produced for California to last the rest of the year while they rolled out others states more slowly. My hunch is they expected more demand in CA. This also allows them to maximize credits.

To GMs credit, they seemed to have increased production and are now shipping more up north and I wonder about other countries as well.

With US tax credit in danger of being cut, my guess is every over stock car in California sells before the end of the year, and I imagine availability will be more scarce. People might not be able to hold out for a car being delivered next year if they will lose their tax credit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Another sign of how little GM cares about Canada, the Chevy Canada web site still shows the info for the 2017 Volt, over a month after 2018's started being delivered. Sure, there's little difference, but you'd think they'd have their web site updated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts