GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, with the outside temperature at 65F and rain, I had the A/C on to keep the windows clear. When I parked the car, I felt a vibration coming through the steering wheel. I got out of the car and felt the vibration coming from under the hood. I got back in the car and turned the A/C off and the vibration was gone.

Now, this happened a couple of times during the Summer, but I figured it was due to the heat. When this happened during yesterday's weather I figure I better start looking into it. The ICE was on due to the battery being on hold, but I turned hold off about 8-9 miles before I parked. Has anyone else experienced this vibration?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Is it the AC compressor or the HVAC fan? I get a vibration in the steering wheel when stopped and the fan is on low speed. Using Fan Only the vibration goes away when I turn off the fan. It is slight and I won't bother with it unless it gets much worse.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For now, I'm guessing either the A/C compressor or the radiator fan.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The vibration happened again today, two months from the last time. The outside temp was 44F, HVAC was on ECO, I had the blower speed at 2 and the display showed that A/C and heat were off. The vibration started about a mile from home, I turned the car off, then on and it went away. I need some other stuff done, so I guess it's time to call the dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The vibration happened again today, two months from the last time. The outside temp was 44F, HVAC was on ECO, I had the blower speed at 2 and the display showed that A/C and heat were off. The vibration started about a mile from home, I turned the car off, then on and it went away. I need some other stuff done, so I guess it's time to call the dealer.
Did you ever find what caused this? I notice mine doing it after highway ICE driving. Goes away when you turn the interior fan off. Almost sounds like the ICE is running, but it isn't. I once got out of the car and I believe both radiator fans were running. I thought it might be to high coolant temp, but the next morning it did it again when starting from cold on a 30 degree day. Might be normal, but sure doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never did find out what it was, but the last time I was at the dealer, I had them check for codes, so this way there's a record of the complaint.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the vibration is back. Last night I had the A/C going in the car and the vibration was going at it as I pulled into the driveway. I shut the system down and immediately turned it back on and the vibration was gone. At lunchtime, I'm going to sit out in the car with the A/C running and see if it'll start vibrating again. If it does, I can drop it off at the dealer and tell them what to try.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts