GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2016 is definitely quieter than a Gen I. There's less tire noise, mechanical noise when the engine is running, and less wind noise. The lessened wind noise may be in part from the design including the shape of the mirror but there is something else. The doors have Four seals at the glass rather than the three seals in a Gen I. That has to play a role.

On a separate subject everyone knows the 2016 doesn't have Homelink and people have wondered why. I don't know the answer to the question but I do know that there is something that makes it not a problem. The issue is where to put your garage door opener so that it is accessible but out of sight. Well, there is a slot right next to the gear shift that is about 6 inches long, 1.5 inches wide, and 1.5 inches deep that fits the bill. It is a perfect place to put my Liftmaster garage door opener after taking off the clip. It fits perfectly, is out of sight, and is in easy reach when needed. Don't know if they planned it this way but it sweet solution a little problem.

Damn, I'm loving this car.

·
Registered
13,563 Posts
You've got to add a picture of your setup...

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Tires might also play a role. In any case, one of the great advantages of an electric car is reduced noise, so great to see GM engineers focusing on one of the major advantages.

The lack of Homelink is just weird. Some odd interference issue?

·
Registered
224 Posts
The 3 button Liftmaster remote I have also fits right below the 2 USB slots under the center stack. At night the white LED lighting shines on it. Nicely hidden, and the range on it is better than the Homelink I have on my Gen 1.

Though since I have both the '14 and the '16, I still have the habit of touching the roof on the '16 to open the garage door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts