GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been interested in reading codes and having real-time monitoring for my 17 volt. Can someone who has used this describe what can be done with this set up for Gen 2 ?
I see it comes with its own software,but is also compatible with others. Did find some data in archives but seems to be directed more to Gen 1. Thanks

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Only used with the Apple iOS app but did try with the general suggested app as it had a support update.

I do not use while driving

( long time readers may remember early problems from 8 years ago from readers that lacked the official GM bus reader software )

I was only looking for general code readout and cell voltages.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi sonovolt and Cord, I'm considering this device also. Could either of you, or anyone else, share your experience with it and what app you are using? Would you buy it again?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just got one and using mygreenvolt and MyVoltControl (iOS) and while there is data to be seen I find it pretty useless. Could be neat when there is a trouble code? Still probably won’t be able to fix it without taking it to the dealer. I’ll probably send my MX+ back to Amazon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts