GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OBDII Diagnostic Port - RH Drive Volt

For those that use or know which of the two ports to plug into when using an OBDII diagnostic device.
I am referring to the Holden Volt, (Right Hand drive 'version'); should this make a difference in the location of the ports as far as would they be a mirror image or just moved across to the RHS of the vehicle.

So, if I happen to plug in such a device, should it cause any harm if I put it in the wrong port?
I would intend to use the phone app - 'Torque' to read SOC among other things (eg. ICE rpm when in Hold or CD mode, chasing that 2200 rpm :)).

As we don't have OnStar, I imagine there would be less chance of interfering with data collection by the OBDII device.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
On the US Volt its on the left side. However, there is one on the right that apparently is connected to an electronics box under the right seat. I think WOP at one point said not to mess with the right hand connector. But in OZ, I don't know.

I use an elm 327 blue booth with the Torque app and by poking around with mode 22 PIDS, I manged to trip the battery isolation relays. The built in mode 1 PIDS are fine. Also 015b will give you SOC as a percentage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts