GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the hottest tech stocks of the past year and a half is helping to make driverless cars a reality.
Nvidia (NVDA, Tech30), a company most well known for graphics processing chips used for video games, has also developed the Drive PX autonomous car computer and Drive CX digital cockpit.
Nvidia's technology also powers in-car navigation and entertainment systems.
Honda (HMC), Daimler's Mercedes Benz, Volvo and Tesla (TSLA) are some of Nvidia's bigger automotive partners.
Autos are still a small business for Nvidia, but it is growing rapidly. Sales from its car customers surged 75% last year.
And the company said in its latest annual report that its automotive technology, which is currently in more than 10 million cars, offers processing power greater than 150 Macbook Pro notebooks.
Investors are getting behind the wheel too. Nvidia's stock surged nearly 65% in 2015 and is up another 34% so far this year.
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been a bit of an evangelist for autonomous cars.
He's appeared at tech conferences with Tesla CEO Elon Musk to discuss them -- and proudly tweeted about his new Model X last year.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/23/investing/self-driving-car-nvidia/index.html?iid=ob_homepage_tech_pool

·
Registered
568 Posts
Love nvidia tech -- personally I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on a 1080GTX they will be releasing at the end of this week. I'm more than a bit of a nerd, sold off my AMD 290 Dual GPU setup a few months ago in anticipation of this. Very excited to have a single card, low power (electrically relative to what I'm used to) solution. Despite them releasing the reference cards, I still probably have a few weeks to wait for an aftermarket partner cart to be released with a non reference design. Looking forward to super smooth 1440p gaming on my Gsync monitor ;)

I'm not in the stock market game -- but a near 100% gain over the past 1.5 years is pretty cool, wish I had about 10K to go back in time with to play with lol

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
I'm not in the stock market game -- but a near 100% gain over the past 1.5 years is pretty cool, wish I had about 10K to go back in time with to play with lol
NVDA was on my short list for buys (when it was about $35 per share), but I had other investments I was focusing on. Only time will tell whether my investment choices were wise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts