GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stopped into my local dealer.

They have a 2011, that has 1300 miles on it, fully loaded. They first told me $38,900, but after I wasn't too pleased they said they might be able to get it "close" to $37,000. Can't lease and can't get the 0% financing deal either.

They have a loaded 2013 with 0 miles (even has the 17" Sport alloy wheels with Black inserts). The MSRP is something like $44,600, they can do $43,500.

I'm not near FL or SoCal, and don't know if I would be into flying to pick up a car. What do you guys think? Shop somewhere else?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Criswell Chevrolet

Have you checked with Criswell Chevy in Gaithersburg, MD? Stefan is the man to talk to, very straightforward and knowledgable. I picked up my 13 Volt two weeks ago. Fantastic deal and no games.

logicchoice

13 Silver Topaz, Premium, S1 & S2

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think that you need to spend a couple of days reading the past month or two of threads concerning buying and leasing. The prices that the dealer quoted are laughable, at best. If you can't find the car that you want in northern New Jersey at a fair price, you can negotiate a deal with dealers in Maryland, Florida, or Missouri in about 15 minutes, and pay thousands of dollars less than you were quoted. Even when you add several hundred dollars to ship the car to you, you'll still save thousands of dollars. You might wait a week while the car is in transit, but it will be worth it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ok, to help you out, an MSRP of $44,605.00 has a dealer invoice cost of: $43,361.11. The biggest discount I can see you getting from a high volume Volt dealer would be around $2500.00 off of invoice. If a dealer has a ton of Volts to move and they are pretty motivated, you can maybe get $3,000.00 below the invoice cost. You can use this as a shopping guide to gauge whether or not a dealer is giving you a good deal or not.

Hope this helps!

Shawn

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I've flown out before to another state and landed the car I wanted at a great price. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again. The other car, my new Volt, was shipped into me for free from the next over state. Great car - decent price ($2800 off MSRP, plus 0% for 72 months). Prices are fantastic just a week ago, and likely will get one more round at the end of month.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ok, to help you out, an MSRP of $44,605.00 has a dealer invoice cost of: $43,361.11. The biggest discount I can see you getting from a high volume Volt dealer would be around $2500.00 off of invoice. If a dealer has a ton of Volts to move and they are pretty motivated, you can maybe get $3,000.00 below the invoice cost. You can use this as a shopping guide to gauge whether or not a dealer is giving you a good deal or not.

Hope this helps!

Shawn
I think "invoice" is a blurry term - actual dealer cost on my new $44,605 silver topaz metallic is 41461.28 after factoring in all the holdbacks and finance credits, according to the BARS document on my VIN number, hence their ability to do "$2500 off invoice."

I'd offer no more than $2.5-3K off MSRP, and wouldn't even be sitting down when offering, but standing by the door.
If you lease, there's currently also $2500 cap cost reduction from Ally and US Bank, which will help with the monthly payment.

If they agree, and make a lease offer, don't sign immediately, unless you're comfy with the deal, and bring the numbers back here.
If leasing get the money factor, cap cost, gross cap cost, residual percentage, and let us cross-check here.

Cheers, and good luck!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got a quote on 2013 for $43,000. Including destination, but not taxes tags, etc. He says it's below "tissue". Is that true? This really below invoice?

So far the best I have seen in NJ for this type of car. All the dealers in NJ get all flustered when you mention other out of state dealers and the deals you see.

$44,645
Exterior: Silver
Interior: Black/ceramic Leather

Destination Charge $850.00
Premium Trim Package $1,395.00
17" Sport alloy wheels with Black inserts $695.00
Chevrolet® MyLinkTM radio with navigation $895.00
Premium Bose® Energy Efficient Series sound system $495.00
Enhanced Safety Package 1 $575.00
Enhanced Safety Package 2 $595.00

Total Options $4,650.00
MSRP* $44,645.00