GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been seeing these posts on twitter inviting current volt owners to an excusive Chevy Event on Nov 19 in Los Angeles? Could this be a pre-viewing of the 2016 Volt? Anyone on this forum got an invite?

2014 LA Volt Event.JPG

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I would doubt it would be a preview event. Way too far ahead of the Detroit Auto show where the official debut will be.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I would doubt it would be a preview event. Way too far ahead of the Detroit Auto show where the official debut will be.
However, the 2016 ELR is supposed to be introduced at the LA Auto Show, and it may be the 2016 Volt with all the niceties to make it a Cadillac.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Nope. I don't "tweet" so I guess I don't exist for those guys. Alas, the world is leaving me behind. Fine with me, LOL. I won't miss it.

·
Administrator
20,465 Posts
Nope. I don't "tweet" so I guess I don't exist for those guys. Alas, the world is leaving me behind. Fine with me, LOL. I won't miss it.
But GM Volt "marketing" has decided to use social media instead of advertising to attract Volt buyers. You see, people who buy Volts use social media like Twitter, they don't watch TV, and they all live in California. You are lucky you match one of those three criteria or you would never be a Volt buyer Noel, lol. I don't match any of the criteria. Did I buy the wrong car? :)

Regarding the event, if I lived in the area, I would definitely, absolutely go. You never know if GM might have a surprise of some sort for current Volt owners or maybe some cool trinkets. If you can, I say go.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Regarding the event, if I lived in the area, I would definitely, absolutely go. You never know if GM might have a surprise of some sort for current Volt owners or maybe some cool trinkets. If you can, I say go.
Will have to hope they offer it again for Detroit in Jan!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Steverino @ #5,

Well I very well might, but I dunno where it is, LOL. Maybe if some Volt Advisor is monitoring this forum they could let us know.

We actually went to a Volt event locally a couple of years ago. It was fun, with a free lunch and, as you say, some worthwhile trinkets.

Although, I think that they tend to tune my generation out. Back at the beginning I got a call from some survey outfit looking for Volt owners to drive one of their cars and report. They asked me if I had an iPhone because they would somehow tap into it to monitor my driving. I told them no, that I didn't tweet, text, Facebook, or have an iPhone. I never heard back from them, LOL.

My woman friend finally embarrassed me into texting. Which probably means that texting is over, hahaha.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
people who buy Volts use social media like Twitter, they don't watch TV, and they all live in California.
If you're GM Marketing, and you think California is THE MARKET for the Volt, and that social media is the way to market the car, why would you schedule the unveiling at the DETROIT auto show? :confused:

·
Administrator
20,465 Posts

·
Administrator
20,465 Posts
I can't find any info on this event, does anyone have an address or more detail, I'd like to go....
Where did you look? Based on the OP's post, I Googled "twitter chevy event" and found it pretty quickly.

·
1,308 Posts
Where did you look? Based on the OP's post, I Googled "twitter chevy event" and found it pretty quickly.
I'm usually pretty good at The Google but I tried that and related searches and had no luck finding more specific info about this event. I can guess that it might be located at the LA Auto Show which I believe is running during that timeframe but that's a guess. I don't know when it might take place during the day. The folks being invited via tweet seem to be minor celebrities and the messages seem to imply an exclusive guest list. It isn't clear to me that I'd be welcome or permitted to join in if I just showed up uninvited.

So, you seem to have found the details. What did you find out?

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
It's a trap, Soylent Green is people!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So, you seem to have found the details. What did you find out?
Being curious, I tweeted the person listed in the picture, asking if they could shed some light on what the event was, but they have not responded back to me to this point.

·
Administrator
20,465 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, I already saw the Twitter invitations that GM posted. I was wondering if you had found more information about the actual mystery event itself but I guess not.
I questioned the two on the twitter feed and one replied:

"Taylor Gelbrich ‏@TaylorGelbrich · 2h2 hours ago
@HAL8950 all I got was an invite so who knows I'll find out"

Prompted Taylor with where the event is being held, if I get a reply I will post it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
GM-invites LA Volt owners to Press Day, at LA Auto Show

Insideev's has posted the story about Los Angeles area Volt owners being invited to the "Press Day" , november 19 at the LA auto show.
Not being a "Tweeter",,,,has anyone received any details on how to accept and attend this GM event?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts