GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Got knocked off the forum. Back on and directed to post here (I think, it's been a while).

Anyhoo, always thought a Volt was the way to go (as opposed to EV). Did a lot of research, test drove a Gen1 and Gen2 Volt after dealer sold a 2014 Premium a few days before that I had come to see. They tried to sell me a 2013 Base, no options that just came in but wouldn't come down to my price. Looked at Clarity but didn't need the back seat of a full sized car, ugly at back, didn't like the mode controls I wanted, didn't like interior. Figured I'd get me a new Premium but on a nice sunny Sunday, after dropping off some cat food to the local SPCA, I dropped into Honda dealership that had a 2013 with Bose that I had test drove a few months earlier. Salesman wanted me to name a price so I did ($5,000 under asking) and I stuck to it. After 4 or 5 counter offers they agreed and I had me a new (to me) car. The only downside is there is no local Chevy service that does Volts and I will have to learn a bunch new stuff as I do as much stuff on my own as I can. It's cheaper to buy a tool and do it for yourself than pay for labour, next time you need the tool, it's all gravy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts