GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I test drove a 2012 Volt in Northern Virginia today and liked it quite a bit.

I like to crunch numbers and they werent the most forthcoming in their details until I pushed a little and I felt like I was being played a little bit.

My credit scores are in the 750 to 790 range
Retired military with USAA

The offer was 2012 Basic Volt ($MSRP 39,995)
They would upgrade from fabric to leather after market

Starting price $33,998
$2529 for down, tax, title, delivery (everything)
$500 trade in equity (to my favor)
39 months at $284 a month
Payoff/Balance at lease end $25,097

Should I be able to do better than this or is this a reasonable offer? I completely respect dealer need to make some margin but I dont want to get hosed either

Appreciate thoughts!

Dave

·
Registered
127 Posts
Great deal, I wish I had done close to this
Go for it, you will love the car.
I wanted leather, but did not get it, but I must say the cloth is also very nice.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Do it before September 4th...those dealer incentives end. Sounds like a good deal to me. You might save $284 a month just in gas depending how much you drive. USAA can negotiate car buying for you as well, not sure about leasing though.

MrEnergyCzar

·
Registered
211 Posts
These #s look good . I am in S FL and talked to local dealers ..almost all have no clue to Volt except the usual - it runs on battery, save gas etc After talking to a couple when I mentioned the $250-280n lease they said they will like to get one and who is giving them. Oh well Mr Dealer pl Dont act too stoopid for me .. Will wait for another month or so when the price is right will lease one.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi Dave, I am at Criswell Chevrolet just over the border in Gaithersburg. I saw your post and ran some numbers. I have this blue Volt with factory pebble leather and safety package #1. MSRP $41,965. Through 9PM tomorrow, this is what I will offer you

Assuming $500 positive equity for your trade. 39 month lease. All taxes/fees included.

$368/month with $239 due at signing 15k lease
$347/month with $183 due at signing 12k lease
$326/month with $176 due at signing 10k lease

http://www.criswellchevrolet.com/Ve...vrolet-Volt-5dr_HB-Gaithersburg-MD/1813685763

Thanks
Stefan Kube
Criswell Chevrolet
301-212-4492
[email protected]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Give Stefan a call, he hooked me up on my Volt.

Looking at those #'s the one at Criswells ends up being cheaper, newer and more options.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Um, yes. When I said all taxes included, I meant all Virginia taxes (3%) included. We do VA deals all the time. In fact it's cheaper to purchase in Maryland because we charge only a $200 processing fee and VA dealers charge up to $499. I love northern Virginia customers. They are the best to work with.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Give Stefan a call, he hooked me up on my Volt.

Looking at those #'s the one at Criswells ends up being cheaper, newer and more options.
I gave Stefan a call and he was absolutely wonderful to work with - went out of his way on several counts. Very excited with the whole deal!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I gave Stefan a call and he was absolutely wonderful to work with - went out of his way on several counts. Very excited with the whole deal!
just wanted to amplify a couple of things about my great experience with Stefan.

Before I get to that, some background on my original offer from another dealer... As I mentioned in my original post, I originally got an offer from a different dealer in Northern Virginia that several people subsequently verified as a decent offer...a good thing. But there were several bad things that overshadowed everything. I am not going to name the dealer here (although any NOVA buyers can email me and I will be happy to share). Specifically, this other dealer: 1) would not share with me lease terms other than 39 months. I had asked for 24 months and 39 months with different mileage figures so I could compare and they just threw the 39 months on the table and did not provide anything else; 2) high pressure tactics: they wanted me to sign the "If we give you a good deal, will you promise to do the deal today?" pledge - I absolutely hate when dealers do that; 3) Bad Information, Part 1: I asked if they figured the tax credit into the lease price. They said "No, you get to claim that separately on your taxes"; 4) Bad Info, Part 2: I asked why they werent offering me the 24 month deal that the salesman had mentioned to me. They said that my credit was not good enough for that offer. My credit score is over 800!!! On top of all this, I am retired military and this dealership takes great pride in its no hassle vet program. On the plus side, the salesman did a good job of showing me the car and I feel bad for him in a way -- but he had absolutely no knowledge of lease terms, tax credits and benefits, etc. (It was his sales manager that gave me the bad info) Absolutely maddening (By the way, I plan to give them this feedback -it's not fair of me to pound them here and I do intend to write a letter that explains my frustration directly)

Thank goodness that Stefan reached out from Criswell in Maryland. He gave me the numbers every way I asked them for. Their offer was outstanding. Stefan was emailing back and forth with me until 1AM answering all my questions. They were trying to make their quota and I got a great deal as a result - but anyone who knows this area knows it is a difficult commute from VA to Maryland. I mentioned to Stefan that I would not be able to come in Tuesday night to wrap things up because of work and family commitments. So he offered to drive 40 minutes to my work - he dropped off my new car and picked up my trade. Got everything done in an hour. What outstanding service! After many bad dealings with car salespeople, I often thought that if I ever were a car salesman, I would do things differently...and the nicest thing I can say about Stefan is that he would be the type of salesman I would absolutely emulate. I just cant say enough nice things about him. If you are in the NOVA/DC/MD area and are looking for a Volt, i dont know why you would go to any other dealer - Criswell/Stefan are outstanding (and dealing with their business office person (jackie) was also wonderful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts