GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Chevy Volt with only 29,000 miles that has a faulty drive motor bearing.

Since my drive motor bearing is not covered by the Voltec warranty the dealer is looking to charge me the their retail price of almost $1500 for the repair.

Does anyone know of a non-GM repair facility in Northeast Ohio where I can get this done at a reasonable cost, before putting this car up for sale?

Bob

·
Registered
417 Posts
Don't you think you've posted this on enough threads,,,,,,
You're beginning to sound like a troll !!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't you think you've posted this on enough threads,,,,,,
You're beginning to sound like a troll !!!
Thank you for your helpful reply (SIC) entitling me to your opinion on my posts and trolls.

In my opinion, trolls are individuals who hijack a forum thread, often hurling disparaging remarks without provocation.

I am in a help forum posting for assistance with my vehicle.

What are you doing?

POVO2018

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
The problem is there aren't that many Volts sold that are off warranty to support an broad based aftermarket repair industry yet. Some of the work is similar to other Chevy models but it doesn't take much to sneak into the Voltec system. That being said, there are a number of YouTube videos on the Volt put out by Weber (don't no proper full name off hand) which appears to be an automotive school for mechanics. I would watch one of these (do a search on Youtube) get the proper name of the school, contact them by email etc. and see if any of their graduates are working in your vicinity. It may be a long shot or it may yield a result but you won't know with out trying. Will only cost some time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem is there aren't that many Volts sold that are off warranty to support an broad based aftermarket repair industry yet. Some of the work is similar to other Chevy models but it doesn't take much to sneak into the Voltec system. That being said, there are a number of YouTube videos on the Volt put out by Weber (don't no proper full name off hand) which appears to be an automotive school for mechanics. I would watch one of these (do a search on Youtube) get the proper name of the school, contact them by email etc. and see if any of their graduates are working in your vicinity. It may be a long shot or it may yield a result but you won't know with out trying. Will only cost some time.
That's a great idea, I'll look into it. Thank you!

Bob

·
Registered
245 Posts
Most decent well equipped repair shops have a labor rate that approaches dealer prices. If they have a very low labor rate you should give your choice very serious thought. Unless you can do the work yourself there no cheap but quality way to make this repair.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most decent well equipped repair shops have a labor rate that approaches dealer prices. If they have a very low labor rate you should give your choice very serious thought. Unless you can do the work yourself there no cheap but quality way to make this repair.
Best of luck.
I will keep that in mind. Thank you.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Try getting the cost for the unneeded inspection credited toward your bill. And Google 'Chevrolet Volt Repair' for your entire state to see what comes up.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Why is it out of warranty? Certainly is still in the 100k Voltec warranty mileage. It's too old? With only 29K and a known issue, I'd argue for warranty coverage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts