GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - new to forum - just wanted to know if anyone has tried these tires. Walmart has them for about half of name brands (Continental, Michelin) and they Nokian claims they are engineered for electric cars.

Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
I found a Wikipedia article on that brand. Looks like they are Finnish so they're probably decent quality. Might ask if there's a free return period.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Looks like they have a 30 day return policy. The Nokian snows I had on my Volvo were excellent, but I know nothing about the All Seasons. Sounds intriguing though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen Nokian promoted on TeslaBjorn's Youtube channel - mostly the snow tires. His emphasis is noise, but I'm interested in efficiency. I'm getting a little better than 4 miles per kWh on my 2016 with Michelin ES, which I believe are OEM. With PG&E electricity currently at $.28/kWh, I'm looking for all the efficiency I can get.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I goofed and posted the Consumer Reports review of the summer only zLine tire, so have removed it.

Sorry about that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep - the rolling resistance of good corresponds to what i found on their website - the EU tyre label shows fuel efficiency of C on a scale of A to G. The Michelin Energy AS has an EU rating of B. Couldn't find a comparable Continental, but the US Continental site shows the PureContact LS as a 9. The Continental TrueContact Tour is a 10. but not made in a size that matches the Volt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts