GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I don't know what's going on internally, but what are all the weird little noises the Volt makes while charging sometimes??

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
Battery pack cooling pump, A/C

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've read stories about small rodents taking refuge in volts and other electric cars during the winter because the battery pack stays warm while charging. So uh... lookout for that too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've read stories about small rodents taking refuge in volts and other electric cars during the winter because the battery pack stays warm while charging. So uh... lookout for that too.
I was just about to ask this! I'm a new Volt owner. On my previous car, I would find mouse crap and other stuff all around the battery in my Ford. They'd creep into the garage and make a nice little home in my car each night. Little bastards. Good reminder to keep my mouse traps set 24/7.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The battery doesn't heat up much thanks to insulation. However, I paid ~$370 to get chewed wires replaced near the on-board charger (under left front fender). :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts