GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else squeezing the non-existent air paddle on your other car? They should have put dynamic braking on my '96 F150- what were they thinking;)

Didn't take too long to get used to this feature- I got the braking distances down pretty well now.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I do I all of the time on the work vehicles that I drive during the day.

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
Similarly, I get in my other car and forget I need to actually insert the key in the ignition to start the car!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Anybody else squeezing the non-existent air paddle on your other car? They should have put dynamic braking on my '96 F150- what were they thinking;)

Didn't take too long to get used to this feature- I got the braking distances down pretty well now.
You just need one of those super cars with their paddle shifters...:)

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
You just need one of those super cars with their paddle shifters...:)
You mean like my smart car? I do sometimes finding myself trying to grab an upshift in my Volt.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yep, it's so true. I'm reaching for that paddle on everything I drive anymore. It's reminiscent of riding a motorcycle and instinctively reaching for that front brake.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this now.............

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
Just make sure you don't try going 100 mph in L with your ice vehicle.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes. I do the same thing in my other car... A 45-year-old 2-cylinder air-cooled car! Talk about the most opposite car from the Volt. The car has no radio, no AC, no amenities whatsoever.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Well, not having a paddle in my '11 Volt, I never do that.

Driving my pickup once in a while, I find that I adjust very quickly to the different techniques needed. Like pulling a trailer, you have to have a completely different awareness and become very cautious instantly.

The idle does grate, as well as the lack of regen though.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have found that I am both amused and annoyed by my gasoline vehicles. A little soft off the line and noisy...but my 91 Corvette ZR-1 does pull nicely to 7000 rpm...kind of hard to hate that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts