GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the dealer install the Android Auto upgrade and there doesn't seem to be any indication of success. I plugged in my LG L33L with Lollipop 5.0.1 and nothing. Everything looks the same and the Projection button still complains about not being connected to a device on a USB port. My Chevy dealer is new at this, and I'm suspecting they did something wrong (it took them 3 1/2 hours). I guess I'm looking for any way to tell, without the phone, that the upload was successful.
Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you installed the Android Auto app on your phone?
Yes, from Google Play. I thought it would install automatically when I plugged in the phone, but it didn't.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yes, from Google Play. I thought it would install automatically when I plugged in the phone, but it didn't.
Go to settings on your infotainment screen. Then scroll down and you'll see AA just below Carplay. Make sure it is set to "on".

Did you root your phone? If so, then you may have to revert back to get it to work. Someone on this forum had to do that to make it work.

Heres some more info. And their forums may help as well. Good luck.

http://m.androidcentral.com/android-auto

·
Registered
418 Posts
The other thing to check is in the AA app itself, under Preferences or whatever that little gear-like icon is, to make sure you've added your car so the app can connect.

Best,
Rick

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks everybody - it turned out to be the *%&# cable!

This forum is the best! Now if the regen paddle was just mounted on the steering column instead of the wheel, it'd be perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts