GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Red Volt
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been able to get the status of my 2015 since the end of August on MyChevrolet.com. Remote start still works fine and I still get the text messages for charging. Anybody else having the problem? This is what I get:

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I haven't gotten EV stats for my Volt since the summer of 2017. I had voltstats close my account because it wasn't updating either. Basically GM is incapable of reliably providing this information.

·
Registered
2017 Volt Premier 110k+ Miles
1,129 Posts
JuneBug never mentioned VoltStats...

I just logged into My Chevrolet, and I can see my stats fine. It's definitely something with your connection.

·
Registered
2015 Red Volt
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I guess they turned me off. I wonder how long before the remote fob functions stop working?

·
Registered
2017 Volt Premier 110k+ Miles
1,129 Posts
Well I guess they turned me off. I wonder how long before the remote fob functions stop working?
I'm guessing you don't have an On-Star subscription?

Reactions: charlzm

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I bought a CPO 2014 back in 2017 and there was a complimentary basic OnStar membership for a couple of years... maybe three? Anyway, a few months before my OnStar basic subscription ended, everything on the MyChevrolet site stopped working for me. VoltStats stopped working for me at the same time. Despite numerous back-and-forths with utterly clueless reps over the course of six comical weeks, they were never able to solve the issue. So I let my OnStar membership end and that's the end of that.

·
Registered
2013 Volt
484 Posts
A few years ago I too was suddenly unable see my stats on onStars page. My subscription hadn't expired. I reported the issue via phone to Ontar and they made a help ticket in their system. Over the months I saw them mentioning resetting some web based account associated with my car...that did not work. They reported they saw a bug in the system. After 4 months they responded saying it is working again and indeed was. It worked for another year or so and now it is not working again. However my VoltStats works fine and was updated today. Time bug OnStar again.

·
Registered
2015 Red Volt
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm guessing you don't have an On-Star subscription?
I'm not paying for one, but I did recently add 30 minutes to the hands-free calling feature. Every once in a while, the OnStar voice comes on and says something like "This vehicle is connected with limited services to OnStar."

·
Registered
128 Posts
I haven't been able to get the status of my 2015 since the end of August on MyChevrolet.com. Remote start still works fine and I still get the text messages for charging. Anybody else having the problem? This is what I get:

View attachment 171075
I had the same problem with the Bolt. It wasn't showing up under the MyChevy app and I couldn't log in. I ended up resetting the password and reentering the car. I think it has to do with the OnstarChevy app being transferred to the MyChevy app, and the car suddenly didn't exist.
Before I realized this was a problem, the car wasn't online and wasn't following the charge program for the home charger. This resulted in the car charging at peak rates of .48 per KWH instead of delaying charging till after midnight when the rate drops to a mere .17.
My electric bill had me suspecting the car, but it wasn't until I had to put something in my wife's car for her, noticed it only had 104 miles range, and decided to plug it in for her. It immediately began charging at 9 PM. I have better things to do than micro=manage my electric bill, but this snafu easily cost me 60 bucks, so I should've checked sooner, in hindsight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.