GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta hand it to Nissan. This Video is hilarious! Too bad they take a shot at the Volt at the end which is pathetic...

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
This is an old video. Probably the marketing people at Nissan have matured a bit and now recognize that the Volt is not the ideal example of a gas guzzler. LOL

·
Registered
562 Posts
This is an old video. Probably the marketing people at Nissan have matured a bit and now recognize that the Volt is not the ideal example of a gas guzzler. LOL
I think they were going off of that the volt still does take gas... the end of the video says 100% electric.

That said, I agree with you, and I'd love a followup to that where the volt drives over to the charging station and uses it too :p

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Yeah, doesn't seem quite accurate that a guy would be listlessly filling his Volt with gas in a world were public chargers are readily available on the street.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I gotta hand it to Nissan. This Video is hilarious! Too bad they take a shot at the Volt at the end which is pathetic...

In hindsight it doesn't even make any sense that the Volt is shown as the gas powered car (has a big battery unlike the devices shown), unless Nissan saw it as the competition. In any case, back then a quick shot of half of the Volts tail would have only been recognized by folks at this site, or witnesses to the GM proving grounds at Milford.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Chevy should make one showing a a fully discharged Leaf on a flatbed. We should go easy on the Leaf, they only sold 785 last month compared to 2800 Volts. I remember about a year of so ago going into a Nissan dealer and hearing about a waiting list and $599 a month leases. I bet now you can make a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
143 Posts
In hindsight it doesn't even make any sense that the Volt is shown as the gas powered car (has a big battery unlike the devices shown), unless Nissan saw it as the competition. In any case, back then a quick shot of half of the Volts tail would have only been recognized by folks at this site, or witnesses to the GM proving grounds at Milford.
What makes less sense is the Nissan commercial where the guy is splitting up with the gas station owner, because he just bought an Altima.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I think this commercial, which aired quite a long time ago, tried to exploit the pure battery EV verses extended range EV sentiment that was around when these cars first appeared. Since then, I think we all have a bit more appreciation of these approaches towards electrification and tend not to see these car as competitors, but as compliments to each other both working toward a better future.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Chevy should make one showing a a fully discharged Leaf on a flatbed. We should go easy on the Leaf, they only sold 785 last month compared to 2800 Volts. I remember about a year of so ago going into a Nissan dealer and hearing about a waiting list and $599 a month leases. I bet now you can make a pretty good deal.
Or one with a leaf on a flatbed and the owner complaining about only having a 50 mile range now. And the flatbed driver saying he owns a volt and gets still gets 40 on a charge but can drive across the country.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Good commercial concept, but yeah, none of the electrics need to target each other. There's literally 30,000,000 car sales a year, and plenty of room to grown into a hundred niche placemarks right now. Maybe in 8 years or so, they can bother competing.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Or one with a leaf on a flatbed and the owner complaining about only having a 50 mile range now. And the flatbed driver saying he owns a volt and gets still gets 40 on a charge but can drive across the country.

How about the guy who tries to drive his Leaf from Southern Ontario to Phoenix Arizona for a winter vacation and realizes that it will take him over 30 days, living out of a suitcase each night, and struggling to find a 240v charge port to make that even close to a feasible plan. 30nights at motel x $49./night modest accommodation cost............$1,470. but YES, didn't use any gas...............so I guess, not a bad deal considering.;

·
Registered
291 Posts
I love the commercial! I think they make a solid point. But I'm just not ready for the leaf, and the leaf isn't ready for me either.

Today, I came face to face with the very first Leaf I've ever seen in Arizona, as I was going to park in a Safeway with my Volt. Despite the competition, we both smiled at each other. Among all the Big Trucks around us I felt a connection.

I wish them well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts