GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2012 Volt. The thing I hate the most is the road noise. I need new tires anyway so would like to find some quiet ones if I can. A little drop in mileage is OK if the difference in sound is better.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Check the numerous threads in this forum. The Michelin tires on Gen 2 are reported to be quieter than the Goodyears on Gen 1.
(Gen 2 is quieter due to a combination of tires and better overall noise control, so it is hard to tell how the improvement is allocated. Only Chevy knows for sure......) If Michelin makes a low rolling resistance tire in your size you might try it.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus were significantly quieter and I saw no perceptual drop in range. There is an old post out there from me somewhere with actual db measurements. Lots of options... and most any choice will beat the OEM Goodyears in terms of noise reduction. Read up...

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Hi, I have a 2012 Volt. The thing I hate the most is the road noise. I need new tires anyway so would like to find some quiet ones if I can. A little drop in mileage is OK if the difference in sound is better.
Keep in mind, when you drive in EV, you will hear more than you would driving with the ICE. Perhaps your tires are fine and you need to adjust to hearing them?

·
Registered
242 Posts
The Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus were significantly quieter and I saw no perceptual drop in range.
I have these on my Nissan Leaf. They are delightfully quiet. I lost about 5-10% of my Electric Range though, so there is a price to pay.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I got the TrueContacts mentioned above. Noticeably quieter. Very well reviewed with good marks in all conditions from dry to snow. 90K mile tread wear warranty. Comfortable ride. LRR. I lost about 10% range when new, but that is normal, and it is improving. Also a very competitive price. I don't see how you can go wrong with these.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I got the TrueContacts mentioned above. Noticeably quieter. Very well reviewed with good marks in all conditions from dry to snow. 90K mile tread wear warranty. Comfortable ride. LRR. I lost about 10% range when new, but that is normal, and it is improving. Also a very competitive price. I don't see how you can go wrong with these.
This +
I purchased these and they are QUIET. Tire Rack basically said they wouldn't change a thing about them. How do you top that? You don't. So I purchased them, no regrets ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
I don't know the difference between the TrueContacts and PureContacts, but can say the PureContacts are very quiet as well.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Michelin Defenders, quietest tire on the road with a 90K mile warranty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts