GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it's not really a new game and I know I am beating a dead horse here. With the inconsistencies in the app getting daily mileage from Onstar, we might as well have our fun with it and see:

1) who gets the most number of days in a month with no miles reported (blacked out date with a slash)
2) who gets the most consecutive number of days with no reported miles

:rolleyes:

Voltstats is really a lot better.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think I'm a winner for November, as zero days are reported or working. For october i have 3 blacked out days. But I also just looked at September and I see 5 b-o days. Is your app working today Jaygee?

"i like the app rhymes with crap!"

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just a quick observation. I recently had trouble loging n so I uninstalled and re installed the app. and when I did I recovered most of the missing days.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've been having about 10 to 14 days a month blacked out
I bought my Volt in July and every month is missing days, the most days in a row is 3 days and its November

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'm a winner for November, as zero days are reported or working. For october i have 3 blacked out days. But I also just looked at September and I see 5 b-o days. Is your app working today Jaygee?

"i like the app rhymes with crap!"
Codyozz, I also have 3 blacked out dates in October and 7 days last September.
The first 3 days of November are blacked out, today (4th) it is reporting 6 miles, and I know I haven't driven the car today yet. Maybe an Onstar leprechaun took it for a joyride while I slept? :p

·
Registered
223 Posts
My data is just plain wrong. It has me down for 8 miles today at 98% ev - yet I've gone 15 miles today at 100% ev. I'm thinking someone's screwed up something.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Just a quick observation. I recently had trouble loging n so I uninstalled and re installed the app. and when I did I recovered most of the missing days.
I've done the un reinstall thing a couple of times. I didn't notice data chamging but I didn't take notes before or after. So I can't confirm or deny.
Ok, just tried volt dc again and it's finally working for the first time in 4 days. But the data for today is wrong, just like you guys. *Le sigh.... I'm going to take a nap, and then I will fire the missiles! (Can anyone tell me what that is from?)

·
4,879 Posts
Turns out when you get a second Volt (or trade in your old one) you can't access your new Volt on this app until your other car is disassociated with your OnStar account... Doesn't even matter if you select the new car when the app starts, it still loads the old car's data.

Fail. :(

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turns out when you get a second Volt (or trade in your old one) you can't access your new Volt on this app until your other car is disassociated with your OnStar account... Doesn't even matter if you select the new car when the app starts, it still loads the old car's data.

Fail. :(
And it will load incorrect or blacked out days on top of the old car data.... DOUBLE FAIL!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I tried to use the app to change my "alert by" time and it wouldn't work. I got a message telling me to contact On Star if the problem continues. This afternoon I logged on and "chatted" with an OnStar rep. After I wrote a description I got the reply asking me if I have contacted my Volt advisor about the issue.. Seriously? I had issues with OnStar earlier in the year and had conversation with my Volt advisor at that time and she filed a report or opened a case with OnStar at the time. The resolve per OnStar at that time was to go into the app and be sure I had the times right ..AM or PM and if that didn't fix the issue then delete the app and reload it. I pointed out that I was no engineer but didn't realize that my phone was checking with the car rather I thought the car was in contact with OnStar via satellite.
Nothing has changed.

Today I did ask the original OnStar rep who runs the program, OnStar or Chevy (Volt team). I was given an OnStar technical help phone number and opened another case citing A. I can't change the notify by time and B. When program does "work" I get advised that my car is scheduled to be plugged in within 5 minutes of unplugging after being alerted that my Chevy Volt has completed charging.
I was asked what type of phone I have and who my carrier is. Again pointed out that when I try to make changes I am using internet or wifi or cellular and the latest issue just started last week (same day some of my history is missing also)

I was told they would look into it and contact me in 3-4 days. I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Make sure you check for updates to the app. I've found the latest version 2.0 is more consistent and stable, at least on Android.

·
Registered
409 Posts
You guys are wimps, In October I had 17 blacked out dates. Of the 14 days which did load some were wrong (not even close). Most black out days in a row 5. On the other hand I have never has a problem with RemoteLink.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I find it grossly inacurate. I drove 34 miles electric yesterday, it has me at 11. I don't know what is reporting to what, but this is useless.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Remember , this is the OTHER app not the Remote Link app

I am about 99.7 % electric so the 99% days bug me as much as the blank ones.

I saw 9 blank days last month ( I just though I forgot to go to work those days)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Has anyone else who still use the Volt DC app get current info from Onstar? Mine has not connected in about a week, since Onstar did some updates/upgrades to their system. Voltstats also isn't working but the site has stated that Onstar authentication isn't working yet, despite a supposed fix from Onstar.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Back in early September Volt DC started working for me consistently (first time in a year and a half). It recorded accurately every day until about a week ago when it missed a few days and got a few wrong. This was the same time Volt Stats ran into a problem collecting data. It appears something happened/changed then. I also notieced that a lot of people fell off the Leaders list (I moved up 50 - 100 places overnight). The last two days have been correct reporting. Maybe the issue is fixed?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Volt DC App is working reasonable well for me. Probably the first time ever it is working better than VoltStats.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts