GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had a brand new Volt with a cracked windshield, but they offered to fix it. Do you feel it still should be sold at new MSRP price? The windshield was cracked by a rock during transit

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
If you had a brand new Volt with a cracked windshield, but they offered to fix it. Do you feel it still should be sold at new MSRP price? The windshield was cracked by a rock during transit
If they replace it with an OEM windshield...the vehicle is just the same as when it left the factory...except you have a NEWER windshield...:)
no one pays MSRP today...you should get it for whatever price you can negotiate...if you are a member of USAA or Navy Federal Credit Union contact their buyer services as they can get you a better price

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
A cracked windshield is not the same as being in a serious accident so if it would effect the price it wouldn't be in a major way. Agree that you should shop around. Note that Costco also has an effective car buying service.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Replacing a windshield is straight forward and should not diminish the value. My wife's 1.5 year old car is on its 3rd windshield (rock strikes) and you can't tell the difference even if you look closely. And the replacements were done in the parking lot where she works.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You cannot expect a discount for any new car based on the fact that they had to replace the windshield. But you can ask .....may get an extra hundred off.....

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The key is the replacement windshield must be OEM. I would expect the replacement windshield to have the same manufacturer markings as the windshield that came with the car.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
The key is the replacement windshield must be OEM. I would expect the replacement windshield to have the same manufacturer markings as the windshield that came with the car.
Yes, this absolutely! When I had some hail damage to my 2012 Volt they wanted to put in a Chinese made one (because it was cheaper), I said absolutely NOT!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yes, and be glad they disclosed it to you. I'm sure there are lots of in-transit damage, scratch, dent issues, that get fixed (or not) without the buyer ever knowing.

·
Registered
266 Posts
You could bring it up and ask for a discount. They could discount or just say it is as new and no discount.

Whatever happens do not feel any pressure to buy that particular car. They are common now and you can drive down the road to another dealer to buy one. As others said you should be able to get a decent deal under MSRP.

Ask for a discount and walk away if they balk.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I would never buy/lease any car at any price that's over invoice...15% under MSRP is what bargain hunters aim for and many new Volts have sold or leased for under that amount...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So far I've had no luck getting any dealers to offer me any less than MSRP, except for my GM private offer I got from my uncle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"Much to learn he has" Yoda...
Won't deny that one. So far I haven't found much advise on the forums about it though. Most of the ones I see that get any discounts are people in California or some other state that has a lot of incentives for buying electric. We don't have those options on Ohio

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Won't deny that one. So far I haven't found much advise on the forums about it though. Most of the ones I see that get any discounts are people in California or some other state that has a lot of incentives for buying electric. We don't have those options on Ohio
Do not limit yourself to local. A new Volt is a new Volt is a new Volt. Search far and wide (literally search the whole 48 states) with Autotrader.com Cars.com Ebay.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts