GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Note that the roof is airbrushed white in some of the shots ... looks like they're trying to hide the coolest design feature of all - the glass roof.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I'm really going to have to see this car in person to see if I can live with it. I'm not loving the gel capsule look. I was hoping and praying for something bolder and sportier. The wind tunnel can be so cruel.:(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Eww on the "fake grill." What is the point of that?

Rest of it looks fine. Not breathtaking, but fine. The looks are entirely NOT the point anyway!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
A fellow named Gordon put up this version with a recolored grille, on the main news story comments.

http://www.vector2.com/volt/1.jpg

Looks a lot better in my opinion! I repost this link here to solicit your opinions on his do-over. I hope GM notices. The original lacks contrast, IMHO.

On a similar note, I'm not nuts about that body color, either... I'm looking forward to the many photoshoppings these photos are bound to receive over the coming days.

Regards all,
omatic

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm sorry... I've been a fan of the Volt for over a year now and I just have to say that these pics are a HUGE let down. Can you say..... Generic?

The car is dull looking and uninspired from these pics. Downright boring and looks like every other car on the road. What it would look like if my if my Camry hybrid and a Malibu had an illegitimate child comes to mind.

Maybe when I see it in person I'll think differently?
Maybe the performance specs will blow me away?

Clean up the concept some and make it look like something people will WANT to drive. I'll gladly take the hit on the range for looks and performance.

Maybe the Pontiac version will have a soul????

What a sad day :(

·
Registered
812 Posts
You guys can always slap on hella spoilers and speed holes after-market you know.

It is a bit of a disappointment, to be honest. But overall it looks decent enough. Lots of people who were expecting something more like the jazzy show car will be disappointed, but hey, there's always the camaro, right guys? A few minor adjustments, improving that grill for starters, would help its appearance a lot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It seems everyone agrees with me on the front grill. Smooth it out a bit. It has a step down design that doesn't quite flow with the bumper headlight lines. It makes the car more bulbish looking. Simpler and cleaner would look nicer. Might even make it appear to have a lower profile by accenting the width more and not so much the verticle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts