GM Volt Forum banner

281 - 291 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
GM's Marketplace...
So, I found out that the radio in my 2017 Volt LT was not actually fully functional as the SHOP icon and Marketplace icons were missing when I purchased the vehicle. I did not even know that this was available when I purchased the vehicle as none were offered. After numerous calls to Chevrolet and OnStar I was directed to contact my dealer. My local dealer states that to update the radio with the added apps comes with a $135.00 price tag. This is disheartening, although not the end of the world, as articles I have read spoke of a general rollout (read as free update) of Marketplace software that allowed for the addition of Pandora, weather info, Shell refueling, etc.
Basically, the dealer wants me to spend money to install apps that I would primarily use to...spend money. Sounds too much like a sucker punch. I would not have been able to retire had I based my financial life on such spending.
Has anyone had any similar experiences with Marketplace? Many thanks.

·
Registered
- 2017 Volt LT - Silver Ice Metallic
9 Posts
Hi Everyone! I just purchased a certified pre-owned 2017 with 24K miles. Very clean and really enjoying the ride so far! Looking forward to learning everything I can about these cars. I've already learned about the "Shift to Park" issue which has cropped up on me twice now. Looks like this is a well-known thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, howdy folks! I just picked up a blue 2012 with 95k miles on it. What a ride! A couple minor things to figure out but I am loving this so far.

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Volt Premier
36 Posts
Hello Everyone:

I originally leased a 2013 Volt from 2012-2015 and turned it back in at the end of the lease. After 5 years, we finally purchased our second Volt, a 2018 Premier in red tint coat. It has 28k miles and is loaded with almost all the options including ACC. It is being shipped in from the west coast and should be here in 7-10 days. Here is a picture of the car at the dealership. We couldn't resist the 0% APR on CPO Volts. We loved our first Volt and hoping the love affair will continue with Volt #2.

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Volt
1 Posts
Just got a 2018 black certified pre-owned with 36K miles, for my wife. Excited to get back in the EV game (leased a 2015 Fiat 500E for 3 years).

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just purchased a 2018 CPO Red Tin Coat Premier with 11940 miles on it. The wife has wanted one for a long time. So far we love it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Long time admirer not the first time poster. This is my third "PHEV" Making it my first used PHEV.
The other 2 were new 2014 VW Jetta Hybrid and new 2019 Hyundai Ioniq Blue.

Hyundai was the most fuel efficient car I ever own at 58MPG. (Averaging 54MPG) The gas engine almost always comes on but since most of my driving is highway it didn't matter that much. However, it's not the most economical car I've owned. This honor clearly belongs to the Volt. Combined economy of 100 miles for 1.25 gallon or 80MPG.
The Jetta being the least efficient, the smallest trunk space but the roomiest cabin.

As far as in car tech, the Volt also has them all beat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First time Volter here. My wife and I bought a beautiful blue one-owner 2017 Premier with 64K on it yesterday Not sure who likes it more, me or her, but it will be her car. The trip odometer showed an average mpg of 152.8 when we got it so our short term goal is to match that.

I’ve not been a huge hybrid or electric fan or an early adopter but, as an engineer, I thought GM was really onto something when they announced the concept for how the original Volt would function. I really believed that it would become the dominant methodology for how hybrids worked once the concept was proven in the marketplace. That hasn’t happened but I still think it’s brilliant and, while I really like the 1st Gen cars, the “normalcy” of the 2nd Gen along with the functionality and the possibility of rarely buying gas for it was what got me to looking for them.

Looking forward to participating in this community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey! I picked up a 13 Volt a couple weeks ago. Cyber Grey Metallic. All of 29,000 miles on it:). I drive a ton for work so it should be interesting to see what it does!

Ill be installing a new outlet in my garage since I have to run an extension cord out of a window from an old AC unit for the time being😂

·
Registered
1 Posts
New owner of a 2018 Premier with less than 10k miles on it. Looks very well taken care of. I’ve wanted a Volt for a while but was waiting for my last car to pass 100k miles and I would pass it down to my daughter. That should have happened already, but the year of work-from-home really cut into the miles I drive. But, while casually searching and dreaming I found this one for sale by a private owner at a price too good to pass up. No ACC but all the other toys.

8F10B677-D39D-4DC4-BA61-4ADD92A5486C.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
New owner of a 2018 Premier with less than 10k miles on it. Looks very well taken care of. I’ve wanted a Volt for a while but was waiting for my last car to pass 100k miles and I would pass it down to my daughter. That should have happened already, but the year of work-from-home really cut into the miles I drive. But, while casually searching and dreaming I found this one for sale by a private owner at a price too good to pass up. No ACC but all the other toys.

View attachment 172179
That’s almost like a new car! I love that blue. Congrats on the find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

281 - 291 of 291 Posts