GM Volt Forum banner

261 - 268 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Premier (No ACC), Heather Gray Metallic
8 Posts
Just got a used 2017 LT with leather seats, 51,000 miles and a good service history (1 owner end of lease). Can't figure how the used dealer managed to rack up 500 miles from what the milage was listed first online (50,450). But a mechnc said it was a great car and everything looks well taken care of and clean. Good carfax.

Came out pretty reasonable with a turn in your junker $7500 rebate. Its our first non gas only car. So i will likely be learning alot through forum searches. Only bummer is we have to wait for the rebate funder to "approve" rubber stamp the purchase which could take up to 6-8 weeks. So it stays at the dealer in a private storage lot until then. But its worth it for the more than 50% off :)

Hope there won't be any harm to the battery sitting that long as they do not plug it in, they only plug in the full electrics not hybrids.
Turn in your junker rebate? I'm curious about this. Is this a state specific program? Congrats on your new Volt. Hoping to join the club soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi gang. Recently scored a nearly new 2018 LT for a steal. It was the in the dealership’s loaner program... except few people wanted to drive it.

I’ve had it two weeks now & couldn’t be happier. It’s a little tight getting past the steering wheel with my long legs, other than that it’s (as you know) a great car! Looking forward to many years to come with it!

·
Registered
2014 Volt Premium, Silver Ice w/Black Leather
2 Posts
Just registered to the site but I've been lurking for a while. I have had a 2014 Silver Ice, black leather with all packages since 03/19 and I absolutely love it. I've followed the Volt since concept and was just waiting for my '04 Accord to hit "replacement" status. When it felt like it was getting to that point, I scouted for about 2 months for a fully loaded CPO '14+. Found one in the price range I was looking for, I snatched it up same-day after taking it for a test drive. Single owner, always-garaged, clean carfax, 100+ lifetime mpg, and I think it had around 40-50k miles when I bought it.

For the first time I can actually say that I'm not passively looking for a car to replace this. I'll likely drive it until it falls apart. To me, it's the perfect blend between electric and gas.

Now, I'm starting to get mod fever now and beginning that journey. Tint, LEDs, switchbacks, Volt Screen & other accessories, rear HD camera, color-matched plastics,etc... I blame y'all for this, btw. I've seen some pretty slick things on this site so I figured I'd finally register and say what's up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
New member here, well actually 4 months ago, when I purchased my used 2017 Volt. Love the car so far. Have had the "Shift to Park" issue, but seem to be able to deal with it without any repair work. The only modification I've made is to add a 2300W inverter (which I had in my 2007 Prius before this) and it already came in handy when we lost power in my neighborhood during the Superbowl. I have a 3.2kW solar system that seems to be handling my average driving along with my mostly minimal home energy need.

Cheers!
Dean

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Kinetic Blue
5 Posts
I was ready to move into and automatic transmission after driving my 2013 Cruze with a manual transmission for 6 years. Although my wife can drive a manual, she is more comfortable in an auto. I was looking at 2015-2018 Cruze because I wanted a little more MPG if I was going to switch to an auto.

While looking on many online car sales sites for a Cruze I stumbled across a Volt. I guess I never considered buying one.

I used this forum to help solidify my decision to buy a 2017 Volt over a 2017 Cruze. I test drove both at a local lot and the Cruze just felt cheap in comparison. Of course not nearly as quiet either.

I picked up my 2017 in Kinetic Blue last Thursday. Having the same wheel bolt pattern as my Cruze is a big benefit as my aftermarket wheels and snow tires will be a perfect fit.

Lots of reading down, and much more to go!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just registered to the site but I've been lurking for a while. I have had a 2014 Silver Ice, black leather with all packages since 03/19 and I absolutely love it. I've followed the Volt since concept and was just waiting for my '04 Accord to hit "replacement" status. When it felt like it was getting to that point, I scouted for about 2 months for a fully loaded CPO '14+. Found one in the price range I was looking for, I snatched it up same-day after taking it for a test drive. Single owner, always-garaged, clean carfax, 100+ lifetime mpg, and I think it had around 40-50k miles when I bought it.

For the first time I can actually say that I'm not passively looking for a car to replace this. I'll likely drive it until it falls apart. To me, it's the perfect blend between electric and gas.

Now, I'm starting to get mod fever now and beginning that journey. Tint, LEDs, switchbacks, Volt Screen & other accessories, rear HD camera, color-matched plastics,etc... I blame y'all for this, btw. I've seen some pretty slick things on this site so I figured I'd finally register and say what's up.
Congrats! I had no idea what a switchback was, so I had to look it up. I came across this explanation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
New member here, well actually 4 months ago, when I purchased my used 2017 Volt. Love the car so far. Have had the "Shift to Park" issue, but seem to be able to deal with it without any repair work. The only modification I've made is to add a 2300W inverter (which I had in my 2007 Prius before this) and it already came in handy when we lost power in my neighborhood during the Superbowl. I have a 3.2kW solar system that seems to be handling my average driving along with my mostly minimal home energy need.

Cheers!
Dean
The inverter idea is awesome! I'd like to put one in my Volt at some point. Even though we rarely lose power, I'm thinking it could come in handy for camping. Thanks for sharing.

261 - 268 of 268 Posts