GM Volt Forum banner

261 - 280 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Premier (No ACC), Heather Gray Metallic
8 Posts
Just got a used 2017 LT with leather seats, 51,000 miles and a good service history (1 owner end of lease). Can't figure how the used dealer managed to rack up 500 miles from what the milage was listed first online (50,450). But a mechnc said it was a great car and everything looks well taken care of and clean. Good carfax.

Came out pretty reasonable with a turn in your junker $7500 rebate. Its our first non gas only car. So i will likely be learning alot through forum searches. Only bummer is we have to wait for the rebate funder to "approve" rubber stamp the purchase which could take up to 6-8 weeks. So it stays at the dealer in a private storage lot until then. But its worth it for the more than 50% off :)

Hope there won't be any harm to the battery sitting that long as they do not plug it in, they only plug in the full electrics not hybrids.
Turn in your junker rebate? I'm curious about this. Is this a state specific program? Congrats on your new Volt. Hoping to join the club soon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi gang. Recently scored a nearly new 2018 LT for a steal. It was the in the dealership’s loaner program... except few people wanted to drive it.

I’ve had it two weeks now & couldn’t be happier. It’s a little tight getting past the steering wheel with my long legs, other than that it’s (as you know) a great car! Looking forward to many years to come with it!

·
Registered
2014 Volt Premium, Silver Ice w/Black Leather
2 Posts
Just registered to the site but I've been lurking for a while. I have had a 2014 Silver Ice, black leather with all packages since 03/19 and I absolutely love it. I've followed the Volt since concept and was just waiting for my '04 Accord to hit "replacement" status. When it felt like it was getting to that point, I scouted for about 2 months for a fully loaded CPO '14+. Found one in the price range I was looking for, I snatched it up same-day after taking it for a test drive. Single owner, always-garaged, clean carfax, 100+ lifetime mpg, and I think it had around 40-50k miles when I bought it.

For the first time I can actually say that I'm not passively looking for a car to replace this. I'll likely drive it until it falls apart. To me, it's the perfect blend between electric and gas.

Now, I'm starting to get mod fever now and beginning that journey. Tint, LEDs, switchbacks, Volt Screen & other accessories, rear HD camera, color-matched plastics,etc... I blame y'all for this, btw. I've seen some pretty slick things on this site so I figured I'd finally register and say what's up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
New member here, well actually 4 months ago, when I purchased my used 2017 Volt. Love the car so far. Have had the "Shift to Park" issue, but seem to be able to deal with it without any repair work. The only modification I've made is to add a 2300W inverter (which I had in my 2007 Prius before this) and it already came in handy when we lost power in my neighborhood during the Superbowl. I have a 3.2kW solar system that seems to be handling my average driving along with my mostly minimal home energy need.

Cheers!
Dean

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Kinetic Blue
8 Posts
I was ready to move into and automatic transmission after driving my 2013 Cruze with a manual transmission for 6 years. Although my wife can drive a manual, she is more comfortable in an auto. I was looking at 2015-2018 Cruze because I wanted a little more MPG if I was going to switch to an auto.

While looking on many online car sales sites for a Cruze I stumbled across a Volt. I guess I never considered buying one.

I used this forum to help solidify my decision to buy a 2017 Volt over a 2017 Cruze. I test drove both at a local lot and the Cruze just felt cheap in comparison. Of course not nearly as quiet either.

I picked up my 2017 in Kinetic Blue last Thursday. Having the same wheel bolt pattern as my Cruze is a big benefit as my aftermarket wheels and snow tires will be a perfect fit.

Lots of reading down, and much more to go!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just registered to the site but I've been lurking for a while. I have had a 2014 Silver Ice, black leather with all packages since 03/19 and I absolutely love it. I've followed the Volt since concept and was just waiting for my '04 Accord to hit "replacement" status. When it felt like it was getting to that point, I scouted for about 2 months for a fully loaded CPO '14+. Found one in the price range I was looking for, I snatched it up same-day after taking it for a test drive. Single owner, always-garaged, clean carfax, 100+ lifetime mpg, and I think it had around 40-50k miles when I bought it.

For the first time I can actually say that I'm not passively looking for a car to replace this. I'll likely drive it until it falls apart. To me, it's the perfect blend between electric and gas.

Now, I'm starting to get mod fever now and beginning that journey. Tint, LEDs, switchbacks, Volt Screen & other accessories, rear HD camera, color-matched plastics,etc... I blame y'all for this, btw. I've seen some pretty slick things on this site so I figured I'd finally register and say what's up.
Congrats! I had no idea what a switchback was, so I had to look it up. I came across this explanation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
New member here, well actually 4 months ago, when I purchased my used 2017 Volt. Love the car so far. Have had the "Shift to Park" issue, but seem to be able to deal with it without any repair work. The only modification I've made is to add a 2300W inverter (which I had in my 2007 Prius before this) and it already came in handy when we lost power in my neighborhood during the Superbowl. I have a 3.2kW solar system that seems to be handling my average driving along with my mostly minimal home energy need.

Cheers!
Dean
The inverter idea is awesome! I'd like to put one in my Volt at some point. Even though we rarely lose power, I'm thinking it could come in handy for camping. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2013 Volt Premium, Red
10 Posts
So it looks like I am adding my response 3 years late. Just bought a 2013 Premium w/ both safety packages, crystal red (gorgeous) w/ clear bra on the front and just above the windshield. 23K miles on it. I'm in love with the car. My I-don't-care-about-cars-son loves it even more than me. We drive way to much for optimum efficiency, but we are getting around 79 mpg overall. Lifetime average was 226 when we first got it.
I am hoping to learn a lot from y'all. Thanks for having me.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
So it looks like I am adding my response 3 years late. Just bought a 2013 Premium w/ both safety packages, crystal red (gorgeous) w/ clear bra on the front and just above the windshield. 23K miles on it. I'm in love with the car. My I-don't-care-about-cars-son loves it even more than me. We drive way to much for optimum efficiency, but we are getting around 79 mpg overall. Lifetime average was 226 when we first got it.
I am hoping to learn a lot from y'all. Thanks for having me.
Welcome! Better late than never. My lifetime mpg is 58.8, so, don't feel bad :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Greetings fellow Volt-ers! We traded in my 2010 MKZ for a 2017 Volt Premier with 27K miles on it a few months back. My wife has been putting most of the mileage on it, back and forth to work. She likes it, but doesn't love it. She loves her Ford Edge Titanium. Mostly the options that are not available, vented seats, text to screen, electric presets on seat location, and it is very slow to heat the interior. She does enjoy not having to go to the gas station and it is so quiet! Filled it up for the first time last week with premium for under $30.00! She says the back up camera is better on the volt. It is lower to the ground so visibility is less looking up and around all the SUV's and trucks. Over all a happy purchase so far. There is a rattle coming from the back (hatch?) that I haven't been able to locate being so quiet you hear everything! It is not as comfortable, fast or handle as well as the MKZ, but it is a pleasure to drive short distances. I think the handling is due to the tires. The Michelin's are a very hard composite compared to the Goodyear's I had on the MKZ. We both REALLY enjoy the adaptive cruise control, that is a really nice option I wish the Edge had. Only issue experienced so far, when we first got it she had it die at the end of the driveway. I think she didn't wait until it finished the power on initialization process and shifted into reverse. Haven't seen that issue again. The car gets charged in the driveway which is next to our bedroom window. The charging lights have to be covered up or we get the green flashing in our bedroom. I put a foam piece around the plug and a small mat on the interior light. I wish they had a soft control from those lights. That's it! I still can't believe GM stopped making these! BTW we had a power outage and couldn't Charge it from the gas powered generator, heard this is an issue for Tesla also. I will bring this topic up in a different thread, maybe it already exists. Thank you to all who support this forum!
Rp

·
Registered
1 Posts
About to take delivery on 2017 LT with 20k miles - already been lurking and making a ToDo list for when it arrives:
  • Check fuel level - possibly fill and run down depending on quantity (I know abt fuel management, but who knows what's in there now)
  • Check oil % remaining - possible change (unlikely I'm sure)
  • Order goodies - Husky mats, sunshade
  • Check if Android Auto update had been done
  • Pick up Caddy DTS spare (already found a local steelie on car-part.com)
  • Find local charging stations. Not many where I live, but an app shows a few.

Any other things? Can't wait to retire my F250 to towing duty only!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, member of this forum since more than a year, but not active.
I own a Cadillac ELR since spring 2019, bought it in Massachussetts and bring back to Switzerland where i live. Maybe the only one in Switzerland, and few in Europe. It's a '14 ELR, Anthracite Black, with ACC and Kona seats.

No Cadillac dealer there who wants to put hands in this ELR, not more Chrevrolet dealers too, so I'm doing the maintenance by myself. No major problems until now.

Have a good day!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Greetings to all. Thank you for creating this Volt forum.
I am the owner of a newly purchased 2017 Chevrolet Volt LT. Located in central, costal Oregon, it is perfect for making trips back and forth to town (Florence). I do have a couple of questions and I am not sure if this is the right place to do this but, as I am new, please excuse. me.
1) Does Level 2 charging create a more efficient charge (not just time related) in terms of battery capacity. I am only getting about 46 miles out of the Level 1 charger.
2) I have read on this forum that oil leaks can be an issue. My oil pan is a bit wet but no actual leak. (GM will not fix it under warranty unless it is dripping). Is this an indication of an impending leak or just road dirt collected around the pan. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
L2 has 11% lost to overhead while L1 has 16% lost according to a Penn State study. The difference in cost is minimal. The biggest reason for L2 is time it takes to recharge (if that matters). You won't get any more miles range. A "full" battery is a full battery, regardless how it gets there. The oil dampness your picture shows is nothing. If the amount of oil "leaking" prevented the dirt build up, then you would be concerned.

Reactions: Peppers Ghost 70

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all, I’m a new owner of a ‘like new’ 2017 Volt LT with a mere 5,600 miles on it. I’ve had it for a little over a week and am very pleased with how much smoother and quieter it runs vs my 2005 Prius that had 230,000 miles on it. I ended up getting what I consider to be a fair deal based on my market area and got it from a dealer for $18k out the door (sale price was actually $15,200, but then dealer fee of $999, and tax/tag/title make up the rest). Perhaps I could have talked them down a touch more, but the vehicle is in excellent shape and still has good warranty coverage left - plus, as an added bonus I didn’t need to leave my city as the dealer was local and I didn’t need to deal with any shipping via vroom, caravan, or carmax. Overall, I’m very pleased and looking forward to all I can learn on this forum!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My white LT was $17 and change out the door here in central Oregon. Added extended GM warranty upped the price on mine. Again, extremely clean with 23+k miles on it. Had seat heaters added at my wife’s request.
The vehicle had been with the dealer since July according to the maintenance report. New tires and wiper blades. Purchased rubber mats for our wet winters.
Again, the only issue I saw was the seeping oil on the pan. Jason, the service manager stated that GM will fix it under warranty only if it is dripping oil and that the seepage is, in the words of a previous blogger, inconsequential. Will just keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My white LT was $17 and change out the door here in central Oregon. Added extended GM warranty upped the price on mine. Again, extremely clean with 23+k miles on it. Had seat heaters added at my wife’s request.
The vehicle had been with the dealer since July according to the maintenance report. New tires and wiper blades. Purchased rubber mats for our wet winters.
Again, the only issue I saw was the seeping oil on the pan. Jason, the service manager stated that GM will fix it under warranty only if it is dripping oil and that the seepage is, in the words of a previous blogger, inconsequential. Will just keep an eye on it.
Also, when I picked it up, it would only charge to 41 miles, a condition brought on by cold weather and the fact that it had not been driven much. After almost 3 weeks of use, it charges to 49 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Volt owner (sort of) Hi all! I leased a 2014 Volt LT for 3 years, and have been wanting to get another Volt to plug into my 240V charger for quite some time. I was lucky enough to get the charger for free from Edison and it comes with special EV rates. Finally, in May, I sold my 2010 Boxster S (I know, going from that to a Volt???) and found a new 2018 Volt Premier in Pennsylvania, hugely discounted, of course. I bought it, and had it shipped to Michigan, and have had it since late May. It is black and loaded (of course, since it's a Premier) and now has a whopping 2100 miles on it due to Coronavirus since I'm working remotely. It took me until about 2052 miles to get the lifetime MPG to 250+. The dealer had put about 250 miles on it, and only about 50 of it was electric, so it was just over 100 MPG. I really miss the growing leaves that were on the Gen 1 dashboard, but definitely don't miss the digital climate controls. I had that 2014 car for the full 3 year lease, and that was the one (and only) thing I hated about it. I plan on driving this beauty until it is dead. My beater car is a 2003 Buick Rendezvous with 200,000 miles on it. 😀

261 - 280 of 293 Posts