GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've been on this forum for a little while. Was actually on the waiting list for the 2011 Volt but didn't pull the plug (pun) until now.

Proud owner of a Red Volt with the Black Wheels. Looks pretty nice. I'll update pics soon.

cp64

p.s. I took a tour of the Volt assembly plant in Hamtramck, MI a couple years ago. They are well made and nice green facility.

·
Administrator
20,794 Posts
I took a tour of the Volt assembly plant in Hamtramck, MI a couple years ago. They are well made and nice green facility.
I tried to arrange one for last year when I was visiting Ann Arbor and was told they were not available. :(

·
Registered
204 Posts
Congrats on the new car! I just got mine last week, sounds like we have similar taste lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome to the group from a fellow SE Michigan owner. I'm in Ann Arbor a lot so I hope to see you on the road. Have fun with your new Volt.
BTW, if you have DTE Energy make sure you look into their PEV program. It is a great opportunity.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Welcome to the club from another SE Michigander! I took advantage of DTE's PEV program just as TonyB did and it was well worth it. You will get a reduced rate for charging during off peak hours plus you'll get a full charge in 3 1/2 to 4 hours.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took the tour back in 2011. I was in the waiting list for the volt so they must have extended an invitation. I declined on the 2011 and waited a couple years for things to stabilize. The plant was fairly typical but very, very clean. It was funny to see Cadillacs and Volts coming off the line on no particular order.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. I added my 240v charger as well thanks to DTE! I would like to see the Volt have the ability to delay start only when plugged in to my home charger and charge immediately otherwise. Can manually override but it would be nice to automate.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yes. I added my 240v charger as well thanks to DTE! I would like to see the Volt have the ability to delay start only when plugged in to my home charger and charge immediately otherwise. Can manually override but it would be nice to automate.
I read somewhere that you could invoke immediate charging by simply plugging in - pulling it out and back in again. I haven't tried it but I remember reading it. I think its in the owners manual.

If that is not the exact process - There definitely is a process to cause the Volt to charge immediately when it is programmed for delayed charge. So it would seem they already thought about your scenario .

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome! Hope you truly enjoy your Volt.

Honestly (I'm semi-old :)), as the owner of a bucket load of vehicles over the years, including some for which I have very fond memories, there is nothing that even remotely compares to the Volt in my experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts