GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just purchased a 2014 Chevy Volt from Car-Max with only 19K miles! Very happy with the car so far. I'd like to convert the L1 EVSE to a L2 capable EVSE. Viewed a video or two, doesn't look too difficult.

Thanks for all the information on this forum!
- Mark -

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
One owner tried converting his Gen1 EVSE following Gen 2 instructions. Result, a fried EVSE. So just make sure you are following instructions appropriate to your year.

And congrats on the like-new Volt!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information! Is there a listing of GEN1 EVSE model numbers? Mine is very different than the one shown in above link or the YouTube video. Here is what my nameplate label looks like. It does not have any case screws visible.... must be GLUED. Argh.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Can't see the picture since you are a Newb, however, if it does not have screws it is the older one and cannot be modified internally.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed.... no chance of internal modification. Geez, I hate not being able to post links or photos.

There is a Youtube video that appears to show my EVSE model upgraded to 240V by only changing the PLUG connections. (Swapping neutral for L2).

Titled: "2015 GM Volt EVSE charging unit" by cnczeus. Sweet!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts