GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've been reading on here for a while and am now proud to say that I'm the proud owner of a 2013 Chevy Volt, dark blue with 33,000 miles. I am impressed by all the knowledge and helpfulness here and I'm looking forward to continue learning. Thanks.

- Matt

·
Registered
200 Posts
I may be biased, but 2013 is my favorite year model for the Volt. ;)
I only slightly regret not waiting 3 additional months to buy a 2013 that came off its lease, verses my 2012. The only thing I wish that I had in my 2012 is hold mode, and the additional information on the DIC for power output of the battery/generator, and even then only so I can see when I am hitting max regen coming to a stop.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I only slightly regret not waiting 3 additional months to buy a 2013 that came off its lease, verses my 2012. The only thing I wish that I had in my 2012 is hold mode, and the additional information on the DIC for power output of the battery/generator, and even then only so I can see when I am hitting max regen coming to a stop.
Dude, that is the exact example I use for why Tesla will do so well. I call it "Old Detroit Think". You and I have the exact same hardware in our cars. You could get that software gauge easily. Also probably get the Hold mode too with minimal effort. But GM doesn't think it gets a return from passing value back down the chain... "Just upgrade" they say.

Car companies just don't realize they are software companies now. The rules have changed.. On the other hand, the car is pretty great in total, plus affordable and we actually have them. Come on GM, step all the way into the future!

·
Registered
200 Posts
You could get that software gauge easily. Also probably get the Hold mode too with minimal effort.
When I was reading / researching here prior to buying Gizmo, I made a poor assumption that all Gen 1s had these features. Ultimately, its not a big deal to me, but it would be nice. Streaming music via bluetooth would also be nice, but since I have NAV, that is not an option. I only plan to keep this volt for a few years until I can pick up a 2017 that has just came off its lease, at a great price.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, I absolutely love driving it. I'm sure it does lots of things that I don't know about yet; reading the manual is helping.

I am still learning about some of the fixes/upgrades that folks have identified on here (window buffeting and others). I don't know how to tell if they were performed on this vehicle, but I want to find out because I'm told I'm still under the 3 yr / 36k bumper-bumper warranty until September. I will research and do my best to avoid making dumb posts.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The wind buffeting this is easy to tell. If the vertical side of the mirror (the side by the car body) is smooth - it will buffet. The mod adds a squarish bump to that surface.

One of the things I like is the momentary turn signal.. flick (tap?) the signal stalk and it starts a 3 second turn signal "cycle". I used to hold it down for 3-4 seconds while I started the lane change, or switched it on and then later off, but discovered it can do that for me. Convenient!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks SirSpammenot, my mirror sides look pretty flat so I guess that's me. I've seen the TSB number around here somewhere, I assume that's what I will need to get going.

I didn't notice that about the turn signal, I'll have to pay attention to that on the way home.

·
Registered
962 Posts
The wind buffeting this is easy to tell. If the vertical side of the mirror (the side by the car body) is smooth - it will buffet. The mod adds a squarish bump to that surface
Hell, there's an easier way. Get it up to 60 on the highway and roll down the drivers side front window. If your left eardrum survives, you've got the kit already. If it blows out, you don't. Might want to put a mouth guard in for that little experiment, though. You don't want your teeth knocked out.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts