GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! We just got our light blue 2014 Volt yesterday and I love it! My husband's neck doesn't turn as much as it used to, and I know that safety packages #1 and #2 will be invaluable to him. However, I can't get the chimes any louder (he doesn't always have his hearing aids turned on in the car). If he is backing up and something is coming, I want him to hear the warning sound. I turned up the chimes to "high," but it didn't seem to affect the warning signals, just the notification about locked doors, re-charging, etc. Is there a way to get the warning signals louder for the front parking assist and the rear parking too? Thanks! New Owner in Lebanon, Ohio

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
This is where GM can team up with their engineers to add a new feature called a steering wheel vibrating mechanism much like a cell phone vibrate mode. My son goes to a college where, while he is not deaf, they house the N.T.I.D., at RIT in Rochester, NY. Thousands of deaf students attend including future GM customers.

A feature should be added such that an optional wheel vibrator is triggered by lane divergence, backup and frontal alerts. I believe tactile response is just as good as auditory.

I am sure that this is an easy to do solution. It could even help hearing drivers as well.

If nobody has this idea patented, feel free to steal it and run with it. Different vibration frequencies can be used for front, rear, side and lane departure. Programmable, even.

·
Registered
918 Posts
This is where GM can team up with their engineers to add a new feature called a steering wheel vibrating mechanism much like a cell phone vibrate mode. My son goes to a college where, while he is not deaf, they house the N.T.I.D., at RIT in Rochester, NY. Thousands of deaf students attend including future GM customers.

A feature should be added such that an optional wheel vibrator is triggered by lane divergence, backup and frontal alerts. I believe tactile response is just as good as auditory.

I am sure that this is an easy to do solution. It could even help hearing drivers as well.

If nobody has this idea patented, feel free to steal it and run with it. Different vibration frequencies can be used for front, rear, side and lane departure. Programmable, even.
ELR has this feature where the driver's seat vibrates to warn the driver.

·
Registered
473 Posts
In direct response to your question, no there is no way to adjust the parking sensor beep volume. However, I would say 90% of the people think they are way TOO LOUD, so please let us know if you find a way to adjust them!

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
According to my 2013 manual, the parking sensor volume is controlled by the chime volume control that you already found. It may be that the parking sensors are already set loader than the other chimes even in normal and can't go higher. I find them plenty loud, unless I have the radio too high or the windows open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts