GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife fell in love on the first drive and we just bought a 2018 Premier in Kinetic Blue. We got the Driver Confidence Packages as the only options. Two weeks in and it's been great so far.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Welcome aboard! What year is the Cruze Eco?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks !

The Eco is a 2011 with the 6 speed stick of course. It's been a good car and I easily exceed the highway mpg of 42 most of the time . When I bought it new, it was my poor man's Volt being built on the same platform. It was also modified from a standard Cruze for better mpg by the Volt engineers. It's nice to have the real deal now too.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Thanks !

The Eco is a 2011 with the 6 speed stick of course. It's been a good car and I easily exceed the highway mpg of 42 most of the time . When I bought it new, it was my poor man's Volt being built on the same platform. It was also modified from a standard Cruze for better mpg by the Volt engineers. It's nice to have the real deal now too.
I got the 2013 Cruze with Eco trim. My best 500-mile average MPG was 55, my best 25-mile average MPG was 83. I get mad when people cut me as I am forced to use the brake. I hated every stop sign and the stop and go traffic as it ruins my record!

It is now the opposite with my 2017 Volt, I no longer curse at people merging to the freeway on my path but politely give way for them. Traffic on freeways, bring it on! I have ACC to just relax listening to music while I know my range and MPGe boosted. I get 175 miles on a charge with my Volt as my best record. I hit 111 MPG cs mode as my record in gasoline mode. Heck, if I can push the Cruze Eco to 83 mpg, I should be able to push the Volt further as the Volt has a higher MPG cs than my Cruze Eco which is rated at only at 19-39 mpg.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are impressive numbers indeed. Yes being able to make electricity every time we brake in the Volt is very nice. I frequently drive a parkway with a 25 mph speed limit and lots of stop signs. I expect our Volt to do very well along it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts