GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

This is my transition from long time lurker to first time poster. I live in northern South Carolina near Charlotte, NC, the land of $.085/kWh electricity and $3.15/gal gasoline, between a nuke and a hydro station.

First, it's hats off to each and every person who's shared their knowledge and experiences here. This site is a treasure trove of information on the Volt! Without it, the decision to buy one would have been much more difficult. I'd had my sights set on a Volkswagon Jetta TDI for a couple of years, then started cruising the Prius and Leaf sites in addition to gm-volt.com. The technical info and owner observations here tilted the scales toward Volt C4029 which is now my baby, acquired on Halloween Day. Thank you so much!

My next post will describe the best car buying experience of my life, and will include two thumbs up for the dealership with whom I negotiated the deal. I think this will be the best car I've owned, too. The learning curve is about to steepen a bit, so I'll be checking in here on a regular basis.

Anyway, thanks again everyone. You should be proud of what you've created here.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
6,244 Posts
Huge congrats on your long time determination and purchase. I learn a lot from everyone here myself and get my aging memory refreshed regularly.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Congrats, South of the Border!

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Congrats and enjoy. Hopefully you'll contribute knowledge to those in SC. I'm sure there are those not looking here but should be considering the Volt.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I certainly have been and will do, tboult. It's a pleasure to do so - a borderline thrill, actually.

·
Registered
123 Posts
VinTC...welcome to the participating side of the forum! The Volt is an amazing car - with so many things to learn...I think most of us still continue to learn something each week - so you won't be alone on that "curve"!

Again..welcome aboard. We look forward to your posts.
VM

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congratulations from another Carolina Volt owner. Since you live near Charlotte during your next trip downtown try out the free charging stations at the Mint street parking deck next to the Bank of America stadium. Not only is the charge free but so is the parking during evening hours. Thanks goes to Duke Power. This site will help you find the location. http://www.mychargepoint.net/find-stations.php
FYI...I'm located off exit 33 near Lake Norman. Enjoy your Volt!
AB

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone. I am really lovin' my new ride, and all my friends are very impressed when they get a turn at the wheel.

LKN_Volt : thanks for the heads up on the Duke charging stations. I'll certainly take advantage of them.

3,600 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the Volt family Mike!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts