GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We bought a new 2017 Volt this past Saturday. The car was built in June and delivered to my local Chevy deal in early July. I saw it several times as I passed the dealership and even took the wife to look at it a few times.

It was delivered to us with 6 miles on the odometer, 4 of which were on the ICE - ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder why Chevy doesn't ship them with a higher SOC or instruct the dealers to fully charge them while they sit and have the added benefit of being charged should someone want a test drive. The dealer was able to get 18 miles into it before delivery late Saturday afternoon while we did the paper work (they have a brand new BOSCH Level II EVSE). So I was able to get home and get it on my Clipper Creek EVSE.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
We bought a new 2017 Volt this past Saturday. The car was built in June and delivered to my local Chevy deal in early July. I saw it several times as I passed the dealership and even took the wife to look at it a few times.

It was delivered to us with 6 miles on the odometer, 4 of which were on the ICE - ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder why Chevy doesn't ship them with a higher SOC or instruct the dealers to fully charge them while they sit and have the added benefit of being charged should someone want a test drive. The dealer was able to get 18 miles into it before delivery late Saturday afternoon while we did the paper work (they have a brand new BOSCH Level II EVSE). So I was able to get home and get it on my Clipper Creek EVSE.
that 4 miles on ICE means nothing. Would you rather they did NOT test it at all?

Good customer service would have had the salesman deliver it to you with a full charge and full tank of gas, like good salespeople have done for decades.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would kind of want the factory/dealership to put a few ICE miles to test the motor. I would not like to find out that it has issues the first time I truly need it! When we took delivery of ours, there was 2km on the ICE (full tank, full battery). I drove it an additional 15km after I had the vehicle for a few days, just to be clear that everything was in order.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Congrats on the car. I think you'll be happy with the upgrades from the first generation. I believe that running the ICE for a few miles is part of the testing protocol.

The lack of charge is something entirely different. You don't want the car sitting with a full SOC but you also don't want it sitting without a charge. I'd chalk this up to lack of knowledge and organizational skill. When picking up our cars, both came with a full charge and a full tank of gas. Shouldn't be that difficult if you know someone is coming in to buy.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
This reminded my on my delivery experience. When I arrived, my new 2017 was sitting outside on the front sidewalk. My salesman came up and apologized for not having it inside on the charger. He said, that they had it inside, but had to move it because it was causing too much congestion in the show room and people kept wanting to take it out for a test drive (it was their first 2017 Volt). It was almost fully charged, I suspect that when they moved it outside, they forgot to turn it off, then it eventually shut itself off.

·
Registered
524 Posts
If you test drive a Volt with no charge learn to switch Mode to Mountain. It will give you enough charge to test drive it in about 10 minutes.
If you plan to drive your Volt almost all electric ask that they not fill it with gas. What are you going to do with a full tank of stale gas? After one year the car will force you to use that gas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts