GM Volt Forum banner

New video: Electric Mitsubishi Imiev racing the gasoline powered Imiev

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Cybereye 
Mitsubishi Imiev video (in Japanese). Two Imievs are on a race track. One is gasoline powered and the other all electric. After the test track the Imiev is placed on a hydraulic lift and power train detail is shown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USfrtnr9Jmw

Nice video. Did anyone notice how refined the motor looks? They really reduced the size of the thing. I have seen these cars and they do not look as small as the Smart car. They are small but don't have that silly tiny look. To me the Smart car has that clown-in-the-tiny-car feel. Anyway, I want one! If they threw in a limp-home genset I would be sold. Still might make a great second car.

If the price is not too high I expect this car to be quite the hit. If gas is $4.00 a gallon when it launches you will need to be on a waiting list to buy one. This is good for us. If every family that had two cars had one BEV we would make a huge dent in our oil imports. Once companies start putting charging stations in for their employees just watch EVs take off. Having 160 miles round-trip range is nothing to laugh about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.