GM Volt Forum banner

New User in So Cal

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  mrwilleeeum 
#1 ·
Hi!

I normally view these forums to obtain information regarding Volts, but I had never signed up. I bought a used 2012 with around 20k miles in 2015 and have been driving it ever since. I've put about 45k more miles on it since then. Just wanted to introduce myself.

#2 ·
There is definitely a lot of information to be found. User submitted info is the greatest asset of any forum, so definitely feel free to share your own experiences both good and bad so others can benefit and learn just as you did. :) That said, Welcome and glad you introduced yourself.

#5 ·
Welcome to the cult, mrwill... if I may ask; how much did you pay for the 2012? And how much maintenance have you done in the past 2 years?
I fixed it for you... :)

MrWill, what took you so long to come out of the closet?

#4 ·
Thanks, charliebrown. I paid around close to $20k I believe. I'm not entirely sure, but it was around that.

My only previous issue was a broken stator bearing, which was covered under warranty. I haven't had to do much, but I'm currently having an issue right now with a broken heater hose connector. This broke causing me to lose coolant, which led to the engine to overheat, which led me towards a blown head gasket. Dealer won't cover the repair under warranty. Their reason is because it was caused by the engine overheating. I started a whole thread regarding this issue, but I'm currently working on getting it covered under warranty because I don't want to pay the quoted $3k+. My case is that we don't have a temperature gauge. I had no warning that the car is heating up until it suddenly stated that it overheated, when I immediately stopped the vehicle.

Other than the issues listed, I love the Volt.

#6 ·
I've always simply lurked on the forums obtaining information, but never really doing any actual posting. I guess coming out of the closet is due to the fact that my vehicle is having a more serious issue and the resources on the forums are much more helpful when becoming an actual member.

#7 ·
Ah, I now see that you are dealing with a blown head gasket in another thread. Well, welcome aboard, albeit until stressful circumstances.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.