GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2012 Volt and every time I look on the on the OnStar or MY volt site it get the message "Our attempts to run a diagnostic check on your vehicle were unsuccessful. If your dashboard indicator light is on, push your blue OnStar button" Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks for and help

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I haven't seen that, you might want to call them at 1-888-4onstar. They should be able to fix it.

·
4,874 Posts
My guess is your Volt isn't setup in their system correctly, in part because it is a used vehicle. Press the blue OnStar button as they suggest, and explain that you just bought this used Volt and want the remainder of the OnStar time activated.

It may not be much time left though, 2012's have a 3 year OnStar subscription plan included. They'll probably still give you 6 months free though or something, if the 3 year subscription has less than 6 months remaining.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Originally Posted by FinalMacGyverI just purchased a 2012 Volt and every time I look on the on the OnStar or MY volt site it get the message "Our attempts to run a diagnostic check on your vehicle were unsuccessful. If your dashboard indicator light is on, push your blue OnStar button" Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks for and help
Hey FinalMacGyver,

I definitely suggest pressing your OnStar button at your earliest convenience. With a direct connection to the vehicle, our technical assistance teams can send any necessary updates directly to your Volt. Keep me posted, and let me know if you should have additional questions.

~Sara, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

1 - 4 of 4 Posts