GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm happy to have found this site. I live in Bellingham, Washington USA and purchased my Volt 16 months ago. My criteria was to have a car that would make it to Seattle (85 miles) without having to stop and recharge. Of course it is not all battery generated, but then I couldn't afford a Tesla. Although the Leaf may be able to make it with a new battery I'm not so sure if it would make it after some years of battery degradation. So far I have been very pleased with the car. I drive 15 miles round trip each day to and from work. On the weekend I will put on more miles running errands and it is not unusual to rely on the gasoline range extender. Overall, according to OnStar I am driving 97% electric. That adds about $22-$25 to my electric bill. I have also installed solar panels on my roof and so have the added benefit on driving on sunshine. Is there any better way to drive? I hope to link up with others in the area (Seattle to Vancouver BC)

Marc

·
Administrator
20,023 Posts
97% electric? Outstanding! I feel good getting 80%, but then my typical commute is beyond the battery range. Welcome to gm-volt, Meridian.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Well, if you just found this site, stick around, you'll learn things you dont know about your car.
Did you know you can lower all four windows at the same time by pressing and holding the unlock button on your keyfob for five seconds?

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Welcome aboard and you should also consider joining VoltStats.net

Cheers

·
Registered
974 Posts
Welcome, Hope my screen name doesn't become confusing..lol

Hope you enjoy the Volt and impresses you for a long time to come. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts