GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good day everyone;
I just put a deposit on a super clean 2015 with 19K miles on it. I won't be receiving it for a few weeks, as it's being shipped from California to Wisconsin.

I'm rather excited about getting the car, but I guess I've always been this way with a new car...

Currently driving a 2001 Lexus LS430, and although I love that car, the commute I make is costing me between 380 and 400 dollars a month in gas.

I'm upgrading to a much newer/nicer car and will be using much less fuel in the process for about the same amount of money each month!!

I know very little about these cars, so I'm currently in "Learning" mode...

When I get the car I'll have to add a few photos

·
Registered
420 Posts
Welcome and I hope you enjoy your new Volt as much as we do. I can't stress enough how important it will be (once you get the car) to sit in it with the two manuals for 2-4 hours and go through all the features and read the manuals cover to cover. You will enjoy your vehicle so much more and realize what an amazing piece of technology it is...there are also a bunch of great FAQ's on this forum for you to browse. Some of those FAQ's refer specifically to the Gen1 volt but there is not TOO much difference between them, so they are still very useful....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome, Lag.. I've already been paging through the on-line Owners Manual. Great info.. I sure hope this car lives up to my expectations. It seems like it should. First GM car I've owned since I had a 1992 Buick Park Ave Ultra back in the late 1990s...

Been driving Lexus products for the last10 years

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome, Lag.. I've already been paging through the on-line Owners Manual. Great info.. I sure hope this car lives up to my expectations. It seems like it should. First GM car I've owned since I had a 1992 Buick Park Ave Ultra back in the late 1990s...

Been driving Lexus products for the last 10 years

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Some of those FAQ's refer specifically to the Gen1 volt but there is not TOO much difference between them, so they are still very useful....
Uh, he IS getting a Gen1--a 2015 to be exact.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Good day everyone;
I just put a deposit on a super clean 2015 with 19K miles on it. I won't be receiving it for a few weeks, as it's being shipped from California to Wisconsin.
Always good to see another running around the neighborhood. There's another silver one, two different black ones, and a red one I see on a regular basis, all Gen 1 and a blue Gen 2. And MCTS has a white Gen 1 that seems to run errands out to buses in the field.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Always good to see another running around the neighborhood. There's another silver one, two different black ones, and a red one I see on a regular basis, all Gen 1 and a blue Gen 2. And MCTS has a white Gen 1 that seems to run errands out to buses in the field.
Thanks for the welcome! I've seen a Blue 2nd Gen driving around the South side of Milwaukee. Not sure if it's the same one you're referring to though..
I got an update from Carmax today.. Finally shipping the car from Sacramento, so I should have it in a week or so.

This should be interesting...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts