GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a car I REALLY LOVE. Thanks in advance for the help and support.
Looking forward to REALLY loving this car! Working to get a charger as this ones portable does not work.Any tip on that? have access to 240 so a convertible 110/220 would be great.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Congrats on th new Volt, you are only going to appreciate it more as time goes by. A great solution for a dual voltage evse is the second gen unit from Clipper Creek. All that is needed to go to 240 volt is an adapter that will match your outlet. You can find these evses on eBay at under $300. I think the GM part number is 2327717 or there is another that is used for a second unit supplied with a new Volt.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have you tried the stock EVSE in multiple outlets? It might just be an issue with the wiring in the outlet you tried.

Ideally try it at a friend's house that is relatively new so that the outlets in the garage are more likely to be properly grounded.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
The EVSE may still be covered by the Voltec Power Train Warranty. Suggest a visit to your local Chevy Dealer. While there ask them if they will pull a GMVIS report for you and check to see if there are any outstanding RECALLS or Software Updates.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I got a car I REALLY LOVE. Thanks in advance for the help and support.
Looking forward to REALLY loving this car! Working to get a charger as this ones portable does not work.Any tip on that? have access to 240 so a convertible 110/220 would be great.
The TurboCord does110/220 well.

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
Congrats! My 2011 is still going strong at 73k miles.

P.S. Charge cord (aka EVSE) vs Charger
Charger-vs.-EVSE.jpg Charger-vs.-EVSE 2.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts