GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to this group and excited to finally drive electric!

I am looking to lease a 2014/15 Volt and have learned GM does not pass on any of the federal tax credit to the customer. Is anyone aware of a leasing company who will at least share some of it? I am trying to get pyt's at $300/mo with no out of pocket.

I would also consider purchasing a used Volt but it needs to be in the $16K range.

I am in New York and appreciate any help!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi,

I am looking to lease a 2014/15 Volt and have learned GM does not pass on any of the federal tax credit to the customer. Is anyone aware of a leasing company who will at least share some of it? I am trying to get pyt's at $300/mo with no out of pocket.

I would also consider purchasing a used Volt but it needs to be in the $16K range.

The tax benefit is shared with you when the residual is increased by $7500. That makes your lease payments lower by $7500 over the term of the lease.

·
Registered
409 Posts
GM has nothing to do with the $7500 tax credit. Its the IRS who gives an income tax credit up to $7500 of the income tax liability for the purchaser in the year purchased. Since the leasing company is the purchaser, they are the only one the IRS will give the credit to. As Wrisguy wrote, the lease company considers this credit when making the lease agreement.

·
877 Posts
If you want used wait a few months about 4k volts are coming off of lease within the next two months so I would expect a price reduction based on supply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Understood, Desert Volt. Currently, the 3 leasing company's Chevy uses are not applying/considering any of the tax credit they receive in their calculation. I am hoping to find a lessor that does.

·
4,870 Posts
No dealer of any automaker can pass on the credit to you, that's an IRS thing that you must claim on your own, if you have sufficient income/tax liability. If you LEASE the car, the leasing company gets the tax benefit, and that savings is passed onto you in the form of lower lease payments, regardless of your tax liability.

A $16k used Volt would be hard to find. It's possible, but their mileage is usually very high. A loaded 2011 Volt with 28k miles just sold near me for $21k which was a pretty good deal in my opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2014 in NJ

PluginMike
I just picked up a 2014 in NJ with $0 down for $325. mine has premium and Safety 1, and Bose, I suspect if you can find one with no options $300 is possible. With the 2015s shipping there may be more incentives to move 2014s in August or September.

3,605 Posts
Hi,

Hello PluginMike,

Welcome to the forum! Have you test drove a Volt yet? I would be happy to call around to a few dealerships near you and see what information I can gather and see if we can get you behind the wheel of one. If this is something you are interested in please send me a private message with your contact information. Additionally, provide me with some "must haves" you are looking for in this lease. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Katie O.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 10 of 10 Posts