GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded my 2012 Volt for a low mileage 2014 silver ELR with Kona interior. Volt was my wife's car since our son was head of drivetrain design for the car and Mom wanted one instead of her Lexus LX470. She loved the Volt but I thought the ELR was much more distinctive. As a result I now drive the ELR and she uses my Traverse. Local Tesla owners are envious of the fact that I can drive where I want and not worry about finding a charging station-Wisconsin winters are different than California and the 200 mile range is a dream if you are on the freeway. The ELR got a bum rap from the automotive press and should have sold better as a practical show car. It is a car worth keeping and the rarity of the cars keeps people asking what it is.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
All true though I'm not sure of the collector part. Just don't know anything about that, though I can affirm that people always do want to know what it is and that it gets more than its fair share of attention.

Congrats to your son. The drive train in the Volt is truly solid and a great performer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts