GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Well two weeks ago took the plung and decided to buy a Volt. We bought a 2018 Volt Premier in Cajun Red with Black on Black interior.. Has everything but adaptive cruise control.... So far I really love it!!!! I drive to work (35 miles each way) plug in at work and it’s fully charged for the trip home……… I came over from a Dodge Challenger and wish it could do a few things the dodges and jeeps can do... One is auto parking brake set when you put into park……… The other is in both my Jeep and the Challenger I could set a speed alert for a given speed above the current speed. It got that info off the gps data…… And why doesn’t the radio when on Sirius/XM show the album covers like on the dodge / Jeep radios??

Other than that just love passing the gas pumps by!!!!

Mark

56AA3EE6-E50E-4314-9595-80FAFDECA368.jpg

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Hey all,

Well two weeks ago took the plung and decided to buy a Volt. We bought a 2018 Volt Premier in Cajun Red with Black on Black interior.. Has everything but adaptive cruise control.... So far I really love it!!!! I drive to work (35 miles each way) plug in at work and it’s fully charged for the trip home……… I came over from a Dodge Challenger and wish it could do a few things the dodges and jeeps can do... One is auto parking brake set when you put into park……… The other is in both my Jeep and the Challenger I could set a speed alert for a given speed above the current speed. It got that info off the gps data…… And why doesn’t the radio when on Sirius/XM show the album covers like on the dodge / Jeep radios??

Other than that just love passing the gas pumps by!!!!

Mark

View attachment 154234
The Volt has speed alert. Check the Owner's Manual or dig around in the Driver Information Screen Settings. It is there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes but it is a set max speed alert…… The one in the Doges and Jeeps you can set for a given amount over what the gps provides as the posted speed limit. I had mine set for 6 over the posted limit… The volts system does provide that info and will display it in the drivers cluster right under the speedometer…. When you exceeded the limit the voice would come on and say “ The speed limit is __ miles per hour!! It was a really nice feature!!!

Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found that but it will only alert for set max speed. Wish they could tie it to the posted speed limit that the gps provides and then allow you to set a plus or minus alert……

Mark

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I found that but it will only alert for set max speed. Wish they could tie it to the posted speed limit that the gps provides and then allow you to set a plus or minus alert……

Mark
When I use the ACC on the local highways I set my speed to the posted speed limit (mostly 55 or 65 MPH) + 8 or 10 MPH and know that I will probably not attract the attention of the highway patrol. Most of the time the traffic is the limiting factor in my speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts