GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
160 Mile AER!

OK, the idea of getting 160 Mile AER and save $$$ whoa that would be something. Of course well have to wait and see. Thanks for the articles!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Yes... It's a nice article and I am certainly glad to see progress in the lab. But we tend to see these articles promising breakthroughs about once a week on this forum... And yet... somehow... They never seem to make it into a commercial product. I certainly welcome a battery with 4X the range or 4X reduction in cost... But until I see it as a commercial product... It's just another interesting read.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes... It's a nice article and I am certainly glad to see progress in the lab. But we tend to see these articles promising breakthroughs about once a week on this forum... And yet... somehow... They never seem to make it into a commercial product. I certainly welcome a battery with 4X the range or 4X reduction in cost... But until I see it as a commercial product... It's just another interesting read.
I spent some time yesterday doing google searches on Envia Systems, and basically there's nothing new about them in the last year. If you go to their website, they haven't posted a press release in a long time. Is Envia dead?

Envia Systems is another battery start up claiming 400wh/kg technology. GM invested $7M in them.

One of these days one of these battery start ups is going actually have a viable 400wh/kg battery. Hopefully sooner then later.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Emerging Battery Technology

The folks at Oak Ridge National Laboratory have been doing some interesting research into Lithium-Sulphur batteries. These are solid (not liquid electrolyte) and may one day lead to batteries with much greater capacity and lower cost. Who doesn't want to see that?

R&D needs ongoing government support so developments like this can be discovered and realized. It is how the country moves forward. Why not take a minute and voice your support of Government supported R&D to your politicians. It is your tax dollars at work.

http://alturl.com/gsu4n

1 - 6 of 6 Posts