GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to the LA Car Show Saturday and thought Some might like to see the new color on a Bolt.
It looks lighter in color than it shows up on here though.

Attachments

·
Administrator
21,042 Posts
Wow, that look more deep yellow than orange to me.

·
Registered
500 Posts
If you use the build and price link on the Chevy Bolt web site the color shows as much more orange like. Maybe the lighting at the show is making it look more yellow.
By the way how long has the Bolt configurator been up on the Chevy site. I just noticed it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ohh! I know, the mercury vapor lamps, that's what changing the look of the color. It casts a green yellow color and will change whatever you see with your naked eyes. Sort of like when you take a photo in an office building with fluorescents, everybody looks green unless you use a flash or you color balance it with a '30 magenta filter.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
If you use the build and price link on the Chevy Bolt web site the color shows as much more orange like. Maybe the lighting at the show is making it look more yellow.
By the way how long has the Bolt configurator been up on the Chevy site. I just noticed it.
Literally just added today.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AS an aside, I looked at a new Burnt Orange Cruze at the dealers lot in sunlight, and I would describe it as way more gold than orange. It does have a little bit of orange tint when in the shade though.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
At the Ft. worth auto show they had a new blue Bolt EV (premier), orange Cruz (which I assume will be the same orange on the Bolt EV, and a siren red Volt. The blue was definitely my favorite color of those three. The orange, much like the orange on the original BMW i3s, is just a bit too burnt orange for me (and I'm a UT fan). The siren red is a tad too burgundy (it is a rich looking color in the light though) so blue wins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts