GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to tell everyone thinking of buying a Volt, It's a great car for the money. I just traded my 2014 Volt that I got new on Sept. 20th 2013, it had 13,255 miles on it and my lifetime MPG was 86.3 at trade. I had many long trips with it, biggest one was a little over 800 miles. (Side Note Still the best winter car to travel on snowy roads out there.) I upgraded to the new 2015 last week now have 387 miles on it with a lifetime MPG 250+. I swear the new car is a little quieter and now they added a Hotspot WIFI to the car other than that not much difference.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Curious how much of a financial hit you took to upgrade. Is it possible to get a new volt every year assuming the tax credit and state rebate might offset the depreciation?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
My guess is that "quieter" is from new tires. Tires just get noisier as they age, and it seems to me the Volt suspension gets noisier, too. Or it could just be the effect of that "new car smell"! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After all the incentives I'm $500.00 to the good. Not to many times in life u get paid to upgrade in a car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is very possible it is the tires, but lets not bust my bubble, I still want to think it will stay this quite. LOL

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Curious how much of a financial hit you took to upgrade. Is it possible to get a new volt every year assuming the tax credit and state rebate might offset the depreciation?
-500 points for this post. The OP has earned money , not lost . 180 degrees off .

·
Registered
56 Posts
It is very possible it is the tires, but lets not bust my bubble, I still want to think it will stay this quite. LOL
Awesome! Please post your breakdown of your trade, new deal and discounts / rebates to show how you came out ahead. If its repeatable I may try this.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi. Congrats on your upgrade!

Can you explain why the Volt is the best car to travel on snowy roads? Is this with winter tires or no?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts