GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am very excited about my new volt. I have had it now for about a week. We just got some snow here and so far so. However - I have used 8 l of gas in about 450 km. The engine is kicking in even when I have charge left. I now it kicks in when I start the car after the autiostart for a short time and I have not changed any temp settings. I am driving in L now and the car engine still kicks in. I checked and I am in normal mode. Don' t think it is in hold but I will have to double check. Why would it go into ERM if it has charge??? Other owners go through 1/4 tank 3-4 months ???!?? Clearly something is not right Not happy at the moment. Thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
ERDTT - engine running due to temperature. You live in Ottawa, and from what I can see you low has been about -12C each night. Assuming you get up early to go to work that would be your answer. Read pages 134, 143, 177 and 180 of the manual.

·
Registered
649 Posts
You should also disable "engine running during preheat" or something like that, if you can preheat while plugged in. And set your ERDTT to the lowest setting for OAT. The default will be the higher temp. RTFM

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
You should also disable "engine running during preheat" or something like that, if you can preheat while plugged in. And set your ERDTT to the lowest setting for OAT. The default will be the higher temp. RTFM
Did you mean Engine Assist Heat (when) Plugged In? If you park and charge inside a garage then this should be set to No to avoid the risk of carbon monoxide build up in the garage. If you park and charge outside then you very well might want the Engine Assist Heat to start the gas engine during the 10 minute preconditioning cycle, it's your choice. The default temperature setting for Engine Assist Heat is 35F/2C. The deferred mode for Engine Assist Heat is 15F/-9C. Engine Running Due to Temperature (ERDTT) is the message that briefly displays on the Driver's Information Console when Engine Assist Heat is activated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts