GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just picked up my new 2017 Volt from the dealer today. First time with any sort of green car. I've been researching the Volt for a number of years since the initial launch. Was originally going to buy a Gen 1 used about 1.5 years ago but decided to wait for the 2016 model to see what changed.

I live in a state that did not get the 2016 (although surrounding states did) so I decided to wait for the 2017s to become available and eventually was able to get everything in place to get the one I wanted.

First post on this forum but I have been reading it for several months (FAQs, issues, etc...) so I would have a sense of what I was getting into; a really great car :)

Anyway - just wanted to say hello and to thank you for the tremendous resource you have here.

-DJ

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Congrats on the car. I'm sure you'll like it. Good advice if you have a significant other, don't let them drive it. May be hard to get it back. LOL

Out of curiosity, what made you buy a Volt?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@go-volt, I only drove it from the dealer to my house (about 39 miles) but so far I really like the car.

@DonC, I've always been interested in the Volt since the first concept and pre-production model. Most of my driving is local minus a few long trips 2-3 times a month so I figure I can save on gas. To be honest, I've only seen a few gen 1 Volts on the road. I never actually saw the second gen in person until I went to the dealer and got a chance to sit in / road test it. We were able to make it work financially and now it's in my driveway :)

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
@DonC, I've always been interested in the Volt since the first concept and pre-production model. Most of my driving is local minus a few long trips 2-3 times a month so I figure I can save on gas.
I think you'll be surprised by how much you like the smooth ride and low end torque. It's a superior experience. The other thing that happens is you realize just what a horrible experience going to the gas station is. We grow up having to do it so we don't pay much attention, but once you go every month or two you realize how irritating the experience is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts