GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. Just acquired a 2013 premium earlier this week from a private sale and have to say I'm loving the car. Did plenty of research and think I got myself a pretty good deal.

I'm definitely looking forward to enjoying the car and from what I've seen, the helpful nature of this forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Hi guys. Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. Just acquired a 2013 premium earlier this week from a private sale and have to say I'm loving the car. Did plenty of research and think I got myself a pretty good deal.

I'm definitely looking forward to enjoying the car and from what I've seen, the helpful nature of this forum.
Congrats on your new Volt and welcome to the forum. This is the go-to place to find answers to your question on the Volt. Over the last year or so, I have learned a lot about my Volt [without diligently reading the owners manual].

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Color actually wasn't my first choice. I was really looking for cyber blue, but I do think it looks striking in black. Living in a hot and dusty area will make keeping it clean a bit of a challenge. Not to mention being in central California and having the drought to consider, it will have to rely on frequent use of a duster rather than regular washes for the time being.

A few details for those interested, It's got the premium package as mention in my original post. DC 1 &2, Nav, Bose, polished wheels, and the interior is Pebble beige. The seller also had included the balance of their GMPP major guard plan with about 17K miles left on that. All in all, very pleased with the purchase.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Living in a hot and dusty area will make keeping it clean a bit of a challenge.
I highly recommend a polymer sealant (link). My car's been through the rain 3 days this week and it really doesn't look like it needs a wash yet. I'm amazed at how little dust and such clings to the tail, which is a real problem on many cars now - especially black.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm planning on taking it in for a full detail in the next week or so and I might see if they can include that, or something similar with the process.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts