GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been driving the new Volt for a few weeks, put 800 miles on it, used 1/2 tank of gas, and am getting good mileage on a 220 charge. I've noticed a few things.
1. Can you put the Easy Pass near the roof-line above the mirror? The window does not appear to be tinted.
2. How do you delete and reload the phone book from your phone? I have unpaired and re-paired the phone, but that doesn't seem to affect the phone book. When it loaded initially, it doubled a number of entries, which complicates voice dialing. (I now see that the options appear in the speedometer display.)
3. What happens to the radio after you hang up a call? Why do you have to go back to audio and select a station?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Welcome and Congrats on your new ride!
1.I left a message about this in your other post.
2. After I paired my phones I got a message for each one asking me on the phone if I wanted to give the car access to my contacts, I answered yes and have not had any problems.
3. I use a USB stick for music and the music just starts back up after the calls.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
722 Posts
2. How do you delete and reload the phone book from your phone? I have unpaired and re-paired the phone, but that doesn't seem to affect the phone book. When it loaded initially, it doubled a number of entries, which complicates voice dialing. (I now see that the options appear in the speedometer display.)
This is actually one I wonder about too.
I paired the phone and got all my contact, no problem.
Then I added a contact in my phone and it was not showing up in the car. I tried un-pairing and re-pairing, and still the new contact did not show, it is like it was still showing the originally loaded list.
I wonder if it will eventually update by itself (how long), or if there is a way to force a resync of all the contacts ...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well maybe gen 1's are different or it's a phone thing, but I added a new contact yesterday, and it shows up (LG android).

·
Registered
648 Posts
Ok so I turned the Bluetooth off in my phone and took it back out to the car. No phone book displayed, car only showed Onstar hands free calling available. Turned Bluetooth back on, car said" please wait" for a second, then the phone book was there. So I don't think the car keeps the phone book, it's reading it from the phone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice thought. I tried it, but when I turned the blue tooth back on, the contact list still showed the same errors that are not on my phone. When one initially pairs a phone it "downloads" the contact list. So, I think it is stored in the car, and may be unavailable if the phone is not present.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Interesting. When I get into my 2017, the contacts show up in the car only about 50% of the times. The phone always connects via blue tooth and works for calls coming in. My phone is an LG about 5 years old. I was thinking that it may be an old phone/new car problem even though the phones contacts seem to work perfectly in my other cars. Maybe it is a car problem.
When I initially paired the phone, a pop up appeared on the phone asking for permission to share the contacts with the car, I responded yes. I have tried to re-pair the phone many times since, but have not gotten that pop up again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's an iPhone thing. Update to the most current version, and then re-pair the phone, and it's gets better. Thanks to Charles at Chevy. The radio comes back on after a call, and the contact list updates automatically without doubling entries. You may have to restore to factory settings to get rid of the bad contact list.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts