GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I'm a new 2013 Volt owner and member (been perusing the forums for a week or so). I've owned a 1999 Hyundai Tiburon for 7 years and eventually experienced brake line failure (in my driveway, thankfully) which finally put me over the edge to get something a little safer and less...rusty. Numerous issues with the car over the years led me to consider the continuing costs of maintenance, as well as the prospect of getting a new toy!

I had been eyeing a Subaru for a while (Michigan resident), but have always wanted an electric vehicle. So, I did some research and landed a CPO 34,400 mile 2013 Volt Base (lease return) with heated seats for $14,000 :) Quite the steal!

The only issues I've experienced so far have been the common 2013 MY electric heating issues (DTC P26A9), which the dealer is covering, and wind buffeting from the side mirrors (new parts coming in). Thankfully I was still under the 36,000 mile mark for the side mirror modification to still be free, as it's not covered under either the CPO 12/12000 or extended GM warranties. They call it a "Comfort/Convenience" issue rather than "Part Failure" that would be under the warranty.

- Longest EV range thus far = 45mi
- Yes, I did purchase the extended warranty (first time buying a car this new)
- Yes, I will be turning this into a mini-camper and will be checking out the local state parks :)

If anyone is interested in a great dealership in the Detroit area, George Matick Chevrolet is amazing!

·
Registered
638 Posts
congrats on your new Volt and welcome to the forum. May you have miles of smiles in your new baby....

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Hello All!

I'm a new 2013 Volt owner and member (been perusing the forums for a week or so). I've owned a 1999 Hyundai Tiburon for 7 years and eventually experienced brake line failure (in my driveway, thankfully) which finally put me over the edge to get something a little safer and less...rusty. Numerous issues with the car over the years led me to consider the continuing costs of maintenance, as well as the prospect of getting a new toy!

I had been eyeing a Subaru for a while (Michigan resident), but have always wanted an electric vehicle. So, I did some research and landed a CPO 34,400 mile 2013 Volt Base (lease return) with heated seats for $14,000 :) Quite the steal!

The only issues I've experienced so far have been the common 2013 MY electric heating issues (DTC P26A9), which the dealer is covering, and wind buffeting from the side mirrors (new parts coming in). Thankfully I was still under the 36,000 mile mark for the side mirror modification to still be free, as it's not covered under either the CPO 12/12000 or extended GM warranties. They call it a "Comfort/Convenience" issue rather than "Part Failure" that would be under the warranty.

- Longest EV range thus far = 45mi
- Yes, I did purchase the extended warranty (first time buying a car this new)
- Yes, I will be turning this into a mini-camper and will be checking out the local state parks :)

If anyone is interested in a great dealership in the Detroit area, George Matick Chevrolet is amazing!
That's because some of us just drop the offside rear window a crack...because we LIKE the better aerodynamics of the original side mirrors...:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts