GM Volt Forum banner

New owner 17 Premier

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  acarney 
#1 ·
(Imagine photo in this spot)

Greetings everyone. Just picked up my first Volt today. I've been lurking and reading and am replacing a TDI. Looking forward to learning and joining in. Love the pearl paint. Wanted a vehicle that color for 15 years. Now to shop for a charger.

#2 ·
Congrats!! Welcome. Lots of options for EVSEs (the real charger is under the hood somewhere - the cord is just a smart safe extension cord.) A lot of folks here really like Clipper Creek EVSEs, and I've read they have good customer service, too.

#5 ·
Actually, the charger on the Gen 2 Volts is in the trunk under the floor.
Oh yea, and welcome to the club ChimneyJim.

#3 ·
Greetings everyone. Just picked up my first Volt today. I've been lurking and reading and am replacing a TDI. Looking forward to learning and joining in. Love the pearl paint. Wanted a vehicle that color for 15 years. Now to shop for a charger.
Welcome! I'm another VW TDI "refugee"; I got my Volt a bit over two weeks ago. (Ordinarily, I'd have waited until I was closer to returning my Golf, but there's a Rhode Island rebate fund that's running out of money very soon....) When I was shopping, several dealers said they'd been getting a lot of inquiries from VW diesel owners. I'm sure a smart dealership could take advantage of that in advertising, offer rides between the VW dealership and theirs after a VW owner turns in the over-polluting diesel, etc.

#4 ·
I wish Illinois still had its rebate program running. Oh well. I pulled the trigger now because of the deal I was offered compared to 5 other dealers.

Just realized I've started two threads in two sections. Whoops. Doing this through Tapatalk and thought it was lost rather than moderated.

#6 ·
Thanks everyone. I'll work on my terminology and acronyms!

I can't get over how comfortable this car is. I did have someone tell me it'd be too small for me 6' 220# perhaps coming from a Golf I'm used to it but it feels perfect in personal space. Right now it's also rock solid. No rattles or shimmies. Hope that continues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.