1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.onstar.com/us/en/services/vehiclemanager/smart-driver.html

I got an email offering this new feature for my Spark EV. Here's the spiel:

Drive smart and save.

Improve your driving, maximize your vehicle’s overall performance, reduce wear and tear and enhance fuel efficiency. You can also choose to share your driving results and information for the opportunity to receive potential insurance discounts from participating insurance companies.

I enrolled my Spark for kicks (except the sharing info with insurance companies part)....I'll have to see how many "hard accelerations" are registered this month....my score for that will be very low. Lol

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Sadly, this is only available for years 2015 or newer.
Yep. That's the message I received. 2014 ELR.

Depends on what is considered a 'hard acceleration'. I regularly hit the TC limiter.
I also go above 80mph some. Not often, but enough to count.
I really don't worry about fuel economy. I could have a CTS-V or a Corvette, but, ELR is so thrifty I really don't want to go back to big iron.

edit:
Lol. Gotta love the quality of OnStar's web sites.

" Monthly Report from 6/4/1916 "

·
Registered
99 Posts
My 2017 Volt has been enrolled since May 15th. A little over 500 miles driven and I have 3 hard brakes and 2 hard accelerations. Average speed of nearly 40 mph, since I spend most of my miles driving up and down the Florida Turnpike.

I remember two of the three hard brakes (some idiot pulled out in front of me each time). Ran my car in hold mode for a bit, the rest EV, so I got an average MPG of 3334.0 with no idle time. No late night and no over 80 mph.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I've logged 2 full days in the Spark since I registered for the Smart Driver program.....it's registered 31 hard accelerations so far. I'm on pace for about....434 hard acceleration by the end of the month. Lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've got something like that from Allstate, called "DriveWise". It's an app on my phone that logs my driving habits and awards points to my account, that can then be redeemed for discounts off of my premium. Things in particular that look for are no hard braking (defined as dropping 10mph or more in 1 second) and not exceeding 80 mph. The irony is, by trying not to hard brake, I've come close to rear-ending other cars a couple times. It also encourages you to do rolling stops, another no-no.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts